Epiq eDiscovery Solutions, Inc.
Processing Services Analyst (Legal)
It's fun to work at a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
The eDiscovery Processing Services Analyst will prepare, process and quality check various types of client data. Epiq works with major law firms and in-house legal departments of Fortune 500 corporations. The Processing Services Analyst plays a critical role in assisting Epiq's clients with important litigation by carrying out a multitude of technical processes and becoming directly engaged in the processing of Electronically Stored Information (ESI).
Essential Job Responsibilities
• Learn proprietary software applications (DMX Swarm and Epiq Discovery), 3rd party eDiscovery applications (Relativity, NUIX), electronic discovery and data recovery processes.
• Stage and process client data in many different file formats.
• Perform quality control for data extraction, text, native files and images.
• Work closely with team members to troubleshoot data issues, research software and/or techniques to solve problems, and carry out complex data filtering tasks.
• Provide feedback to management about potential software improvements and assist with user acceptance testing prior to new software releases.
• Use technical expertise and thorough understanding of electronic discovery tools and technology to deliver expert level processing and data extraction to clients.
• Communicate and collaborate with other company departments.
Requirements for the role include:
• Must possess a strong desire to learn new skills.
• Must display excellent verbal and written communication.
• Needs to consistently demonstrate strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Must have the ability to demonstrate superior organizational skills and attention to detail while working effectively under pressure and meeting strict deadlines.
• Must work well in a team environment.
• Strong leadership and organizational skills and an extreme attention to detail
• Strong knowledge of database design and structure is a plus.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Computer Science, or closely related field of study or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge of the legal, software-as-a-service and/or professional services industries is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Curiosity and a constant interest in learning.
• Excellent judgment, discretion, and diplomacy.
• High standard of emotional maturity and personal presentation.
• An understanding of Excel including advanced functions is helpful.
• Integrity -- Behaves in an honest, fair and ethical manner; shows consistency in words and actions; does what she/he commits to doing; respects the confidentiality of information or concerns shared by others; is honest and forthright with people; carries his/her fair share of the workload; takes responsibility for own mistakes.
• Client Focus -- Takes action with the clients, both internal and external and sees their needs as a primary focus; builds a sustaining collaborative and productive relationship with clients; seeks to understand client situations, issues, expectations, etc.; takes appropriate action to meet client needs and address concerns; implements or utilizes methods to monitor and evaluate client feedback.
• Results Driven - Sets stretch goals for personal and team accomplishment and works tenaciously to achieve those goals; acts with a sense of urgency; takes the initiative on actions; identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being asked; does more than what is normally required in a situation; establishes metrics to monitor progress and measure success; maintains focus by avoiding or overcoming roadblocks.
• Entrepreneurial Orientation - Proposes innovative business opportunities/ideas to customers and business partners; encourages and supports entrepreneurial behavior in others; demonstrates willingness to take calculated risks to achieve business goals.
• Decisiveness - The ability to make well informed, effective, and timely decisions even when data is limited or solutions produce unpleasant consequences; perceives the impact and implications of decisions; ability to make tough decisions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.#LI-SM1
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
It is Epiq's policy to comply with all applicable equal employment opportunity laws by making all employment decisions without unlawful regard or consideration of any individual's race, religion, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, transgender status, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, marital status, age, national origin, genetic information, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, veteran or family status or any other basis protected by applicable national, federal, state, provincial or local law. Epiq's policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on any of these impermissible bases, as well as any bases or grounds protected by applicable law in each jurisdiction. In addition Epiq will take affirmative action for minorities, women, covered veterans and individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Epiq is pleased to provide such assistance and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. Pursuant to relevant law, where applicable, Epiq will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.