Sales & Service Associate II (Finance)
The Sales and Service Associate II (SSA II) is responsible for providing exceptional customer service through the efficient managing of customer interactions, and provides solutions based on the customer's needs. This position handles transaction processing to establishing new customer relationships, and enhances existing relationships through in-branch interactions as well as phone conversations.
Key Responsibilities / Essential Functions
• Attracts and retains customer relationships by delivering customer service both in person and by phone, identifying customer needs and suggesting appropriate products and services to solidify and enhance relationships.
• Serves as primary customer contact for transaction processing, new account opening, problem resolutions, and account maintenance requests.
• Handles transactions at the teller line and moves to a lobby workstation for customer conversations and new account opening, creating a central location for the customer's financial needs.
• Receives checks and cash for deposits to accounts, verifies amounts, examines checks for proper endorsement, enters deposits into computer records, and places holds on accounts for uncollected funds.
• Cashes checks and processes withdrawals, pays out money after verification of signatures and customer balances.
• Performs other functions as assigned to the Sales and Service Associate position.
• Provides a complete range of customer services including wire transfers, explains bank product and service features and benefits, gathers customer information to set up new accounts (basic and complex consumer accounts), and processes updates or to provide maintenance on existing accounts.
• Performs as the vault custodian maintaining control and balance of the vault.
• Participates in retail sales, service and product training meetings, branch huddles, and other meetings as scheduled.
• Directly promotes and offers solutions for all retail bank products and services, including checking, savings, money market, certificates of deposit, debit card, online/mobile banking, and consumer loans.
• Promotes and introduces other financial institution products and services to customers and makes appropriate referrals, including HELOC loans, IRAs, mortgage referrals, investment services, and treasury management services.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• 3+ years of public contact or sales experience.
• Experience in SSA position or equivalent at another financial institution.
• Above average PC and technology skills, and ability to use applicable software and operation branch automation systems.
• Familiarity with all federal and state banking regulations pertaining to lending and consumer finance, including fair lending laws, the Bank Secrecy Act, and the US Patriot Act.
• Thorough knowledge of the Teller system and all applicable system applications, basic and complex consumer account opening and maintenance activities, all transaction processing functions performed at teller window, and processing wire transfers.
• Sales/Service skills - knowledge of bank products and services, sufficient to identify and fill customer and prospect needs, conduct sales/service dialogue with customers and prospects both in-person and by phone, and/or refer quality business.
• Stay abreast of all changes in policies and procedures related to retail and consumer lending products.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills, ability to resolve customer concerns/issues in a positive manner, and high attention to detail.
• Successful completion of in-house training programs or other approved or assigned training programs for new accounts function within one year of accepting position.
• Actively learns, demonstrates, and fosters the HomeTrust corporate culture in all actions and words.
• Takes personal initiative and is a positive example for others to emulate.
• Ability to understand and use bank policies and procedures to ensure operational efficiency and regulatory compliance.
• Ability to work with limited or no direct supervision.
• Must be organized and possess an aptitude for basic math.
• Ability to think and act independently within guidelines and limitations of bank policy and assigned personal authority.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
• Associate degree in relevant field.
About HomeTrust Bank
HomeTrust Bank, founded in 1926, is a North Carolina chartered, community-focused financial institution committed to providing value-added community banking through online/mobile channels and multiple locations in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee. Learn more at www.htb.com. Apply today to take your first steps towards joining this talented population of employees within a growing organization.
Work Environment, Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. HomeTrust Bank promotes an equal employment opportunity workplace which includes reasonable accommodation of qualified applicants and employees.
• This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and fax machines.
• Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Physical activity requiring reaching, sifting, lifting up to 25 lbs., finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, repetitive motions, talking and hearing are required.
• The employee will frequently communicate and must be able to exchange accurate information with others.
• The employee may need to move around their office to attend meetings and to access files, machinery or other job-related tools.
DISCLAIMER: HomeTrust Bank is an evolving company. As such this job description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
HomeTrust Bank values and promotes diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level within the company. We recruit, hire, and promote employees based on their individual ability and experience and in accordance with Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity laws and regulations. Our policy is that we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)See job description