Kids Voice Pennsylvania Inc.
Staff Attorney (Legal)
KidsVoice provides a voice of hope, a voice for rights and a voice of experience for abused, neglected and at-risk children who otherwise cannot speak for themselves. KidsVoice vigilantly guides each child through the court process and ensures that every agency involved meets the full range of the child's needs.
We currently have a Staff Attorney position available in our Special Assignments unit. The Staff Attorney in this unit is responsible for representing our clients at shelter hearings and in TPR (Termination of Parental Rights) hearings. In addition, the attorney is responsible for handing the appellate matters for the agency. The Staff Attorney will:
· Provide legal representation to KidsVoice clients
· Advocate for the child in the court and other forums
· Work collaboratively with regional dependency teams
· Counsel clients regarding the role of KidsVoice, court hearings and services
· Participate in on-going training and continuing education necessary for professional development
Qualified candidates should complete the application and be sure to upload both a cover letter and resume, please.
KidsVoice is committed to diversity. E.O.E.
Graduate of Law School
Desired Job Experience
Prior legal experience, preferably 1-2 years of litigation and courtroom experience
Current license to practice law in the state of Pennsylvania
Required qualifications include:
· JD degree and current license to practice law in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
· Excellent writing skills
· Knowledge of child development and/or child welfare issues preferred.