Dana Light Axle Products, LLC
Sr. Weld Engineer (Engineering)
Dana is a global leader in the supply of highly engineered driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies that improve the efficiency and performance of vehicles with both conventional and alternative-energy powertrains. Serving three primary markets – passenger vehicle, commercial truck, and off-highway equipment – Dana provides the world's original-equipment manufacturers and the aftermarket with local product and service support through a network of nearly 100 engineering, manufacturing, and distribution facilities.
General Description with Scope:
Daily production technical support. Lead a team of Weld Technicians. Maintain and continuously improve processes for assigned manufacturing areas. Review, plan and implement necessary process changes resulting from continuous improvement, ECN's, PCR's, and new projects (APQP) and assist with launch activities.
Knowledge of manufacturing processes and Statistical Process Control (SPC).
Experience in inertia, resistance, MIG, and robotics process welding technologies.
Skills in interpersonal relations.
Ability to communicate effectively.
Familiar with Dynamic Control Plan, TOPS, APQP, DOE, FMEA, process/product control planning and continuous improvement programs.
Capable of reading product drawings and prints.
1. Hands-on responsibility for weld engineering projects such as production process development, weld equipment maintenance needs, instructions, and weld station methods.
2. Lead a team of weld technicians.
Review and analyze production, quality assurance, maintenance and other operational reports to identify non-conformities in product weld quality and output and resolve production problems.
3. Perform weld capability analysis. Troubleshoot and correct weld instability and welding equipment capability.
4. Participate in initial engineering control plan and procedures to assure product process capability to achieve quality products.
5. Responsible for writing weld process instructions.
6. Hands-on responsibility for troubleshooting and repair of production welding equipment in support of the maintenance department.
7. Responsible for fundamental operator training as well as advanced robot training for production and maintenance personnel.
8. Daily technical support to production operations.
9. Maintain process documentation describing control of manufacturing process (FMEA, control plan, operator check sheets, operator and gauge work instructions, process sheets, deviation postings, Poka-Yoke check sheets, PM check sheets, tool matrix postings).
10. Participate with DCP teams for problem solving and continuous improvement of process, documentation and control plans.
11. Maintain action plans for continuous improvement of weld department measurables.
12. Maintain action plan for continuous improvement for weld department, coordinate efforts for plant goals and objectives with Area Manager.
13. Remain current with the latest technology developments, and benchmarking and testing of new technology.
14. Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
Education Required/Preferred: Bachelor's Degree in welding metallurgy and or welding technology preferred, plus four years practical experience or ten years equivalent work experience, preferably in the automotive industry.
Bachelor's Degree in welding metallurgy and or welding technology preferred, plus four years practical experience or ten years equivalent work experience, preferably in the automotive industry.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.