Thermo King of Houston LP
Trailer Repair Technician (R&D)
• Perform all levels of maintenance and repair, on commercial truck and trailer equipment.
• Perform diagnosis and make repairs to electrical systems to include exterior and interior lighting and control systems.
• Perform brake jobs, suspension repairs to include conventional spring and air springs systems, bearings, slack adjusters and s-cam repair.
• Diagnose and repair air brake and ride height valves.
• Perform maintenance and repair on both swing and roll-up rear and side doors.
• Road test vehicles when necessary to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly.
• Perform duties with little or no supervision and in a timely and efficient manner
• Perform diagnosis and repair of all major brands of lift gate used by today's industry.
• 3 to 5 years practical experience in the transport equipment field.
• Arc and wire welding skill a must.
• Proficiency in the use of all necessary tools of trade required.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical strength and ability to perform moderate to heavy manual labor, including frequent bending, walking, and heavy lifting, for extended periods under dirty and uncomfortable conditions and in all types of weather as necessary.
• Able to stand for extended periods of time.
• Able to climb ladders or steps/stairs to get to equipment.
• Will be required on occasion to work more than 8 hours on shift.
• Requires frequent bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, climbing, balancing, lifting, carrying, and reaching or handling with arms, hands, and fingers.
• Crawling and working in narrow spaces.
• Requires frequent repetitive movements, i.e. hammering, turning wrenches, or use of screwdrivers.
• Manual dexterity sufficient to work with fingers.
• Normal vision with or without corrective lenses.
• Working in the vicinity of hazardous, flammable materials and solvents and engine exhaust fumes, along with refrigeration gases.
See job description