Line Cook/Food Prep (Food Services)
Prep Cooks focus is preparation of ingredients for our delicious meals. Prep Cooks are the building blocks of a smooth flowing kitchen. Come be a part of our precise Dining Team!
Sign-On Bonus - $500
Essential Functions of the Job:
• Use portion-control procedures; sanitize work areas, equipment, floors, dishes and utensils; check trays for menu and diet preferences.
• Ensure proper storage of foods and supplies; adhere to universal sanitation precautions, and infection-control policies and procedures.
• Prepare foods and snacks, according to written instructions (menus) and verbal clarifications.
• Completes food temperatures checks and records results for each meal.
• Report hazardous conditions and equipment, accidents and incidents.
• Review menus with immediate supervisor prior to preparation of food.
• Review with immediate supervisor that all dietary procedures are followed in accordance with established policies.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
Must be able to read and write English and follow written and verbal directions at a level necessary to accomplish the job.
Skills and Aptitude Required:
• Must possess and exhibit a positive attitude toward customer service, have a genuine interest in geriatric care, and uphold the philosophy.
• Understand, comply with and promote rules regarding residents' rights.
• Promote positive relationships with residents, visitors, and regulators, to include presenting a professional appearance and attitude.
• Must have basic knife skills and an understanding of basic food cuts.
• Must have an understanding of basic cooking methods, roasting, sauteing, braising.
• Must be able to maintain control of food delivery while under stressful conditions.
• Must have a good understanding of food safety practices.
• Must be able to stand and walk short distances for long periods of time.
• Requires bending, twisting from side to side at the waist, reaching above, below and at shoulder height, push-ing and pulling.
• Ability to distinguish smells and temperatures.
• Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 35 pounds.
• Must be able to concentrate and multi-task in a noisy environment with interruptions and distractions.
• Must meet all local health regulations, and pass post-employment physical exam, if required.
• Must be able to withstand extended periods of time on your feet on tile floors.
• Must be able to withstand swings in temperature from hot to very cold.