Compliance Associate (Legal)
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
This individual is responsible for supporting the NA Compliance department in respect of the compliance monitoring function. The individual will assist the department's various Compliance Officers and Compliance Associates in monitoring and testing for compliance requirements.
This individual will need strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills; but more importantly, will need to be flexible and adaptable to an evolving compliance function.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist in conducting the compliance monitoring and testing of controls in place within the business units through corporate underwriting audits, compliance assurance reviews, and other ad hoc and targeted reviews in conjunction with the Business Compliance Framework;
• Oversee and advise on effective controls related to compliance, including those in place with third parties;
• Conduct trending analysis using data analytics and other reporting mechanisms to identify potential issues;
• Assist in the tracking and follow up of action items related to compliance findings in any completed compliance reviews;
• Utilize Chubb IT systems and processes to review, screen, and clear potential sanction name matches;
• Report and escalate compliance issues and developments as required.
• Other tasks as may be assigned to support the NA Compliance strategy.
• 5 years of insurance industry experience, preferably in underwriting and/or claims. This role's level may vary based on experience;
• Audit experience a plus;
• College degree a plus;
• Demonstrated understanding of the insurance regulatory environment;
• Very strong analytical skills and ability to monitor for compliance issues, and understand “root causes” of compliance deficiencies and effectiveness of controls;
• Demonstrated ability to develop relationships;
• Ability to consistently execute and deliver results;
• Ability to manage multiple projects in a dynamic environment; and
• Strong knowledge of MS, Excel, PowerPoint, Word; and legal/compliance research tools.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. Chubb is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.