Operations Manager (Finance)
Howmet is seeking to recruit an Operations Manager in Midway, GA for a fast-pasted developing business. As a member of the plant leadership team, this position reports to the Plant Manager.
The primary purpose of the Operations Manager is to lead the manufacturing organization to safely deliver or exceed the financial plan, while increasing product quality. He/she will be measured on both financial and non-financial indicators directly related to safety, quality, employee engagement, on-time delivery, and profitability.
The candidate will be responsible for planning and directing manufacturing activities to fulfill production schedules, as well as ensuring plant performance is meeting or exceeding established targets. This candidate will also be responsible for driving improvements using Lean practices.
• Ensures a culture is in place that puts the safety and welfare of our employees ahead of all other goals.
• Leading and lagging indicators need to be managed and linked to actions that will reduce risk in the workplace.
• Leads manufacturing operating plans in accordance with company policies, goals and objectives. Assessing process capability, improving process control and instilling a culture of accountability will be a primary goal for this position.
• Leads a multi-disciplined manufacturing team in meeting monthly forecasts and all appropriate business metrics in a continuous improvement spirit.
• Sets a high standard for ethics and compliance, ensuring business processes adhere to our business conduct policies and procedures.
• Develops and executes lean and flexible production systems based on Continuous Improvement principals, specifically TPM techniques across all manufacturing operations to lower plant breakeven point.
• Executes plans for quality and process excellence that ensures consistent quality assurance and process excellence procedures, controls and feedback.
• Manages an effective team including hiring, motivating, evaluating, developing and counseling with career development.
• Adheres to operational budgets and coordinates capital plans, appropriation requests, and project follow up.
• Implement quarter-over-quarter improvement strategies to increase efficiency, spend performance, and customer delivery.
• Lead by example that safety is a way of life and a passion for an injury-free workplace.
• Lead the implementation of tactics to achieve improvement in on-time delivery, yield improvement, scrap reduction, and productivity.
• Directs the development and maintenance of long-range operational forecasts regarding volume, market share, financial requirements, human resource needs, organizational plans, etc., for the Operations/Manufacturing area.
• Champions a clear channel of communication and coordination between functional counterparts in the plant - engineering, finance, safety, human resources, quality, customer service, procurement, and supply chain. Responsible for cross-functional coordination and specification of effective processes and standards for support departments. Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Operations, Business, Management, Manufacturing, Finance or Accounting from an accredited institution
• 5 years of experience in plant management
• 5 years minimum experience in aerospace and/or automotive manufacturing.
• Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
• This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.