Stewart Information Services Corporation (NYSE-STC) is a global real estate services company, offering products and services through our direct operations, network of Stewart Trusted Providers™ and family of companies. From residential and commercial title insurance and closing and settlement services to specialized offerings for the mortgage industry, we offer the comprehensive service, deep expertise and solutions our customers need for any real estate transaction. At Stewart, we believe in building strong relationships – and these partnerships are the cornerstone of every closing, every transaction and every deal.
The copywriter is responsible for writing copy for Stewart Title's in-house marketing and communications department. Responsibilities involve participating in brainstorming sessions, data gathering and project research, developing creative concepts, writing and proofreading copy for marketing materials, communication initiatives, advertising campaigns and educational programs.
• Obtain requirements and product background from the marketing team
• Actively participate in brainstorming sessions to identify potential ideas and concepts that solve marketing and communication problems
• Conduct secondary research and gather data required to implement ideas
• Work with graphic designers to develop creative concepts and submit them to writing and design team leads for approval
• Write clear, persuasive and original copy for a wide range of deliverables, including advertising, technical training manuals, marketing collateral materials, educational videos, posters, signage, flyers, brochures, web pages, electronic communications and press releases
• Proofread copy for style and for spelling and grammatical errors
• Revise and redevelop copy based on feedback from account management team and clients
• Write video scripts and work with video team to help produce them
• Participate in company and industry training programs to build knowledge base of company products and services
• Perform other duties as assigned by the manager
Role Specific Knowledge
• Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to work under minimum supervision
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
Education, Licensure, and Experience:
• Undergraduate degree in English, communications, advertising, journalism, marketing or relative work experience
• Minimum of five years of experience in marketing and/or advertising, including experience in an advertising agency or client-side marketing communications department in the real estate or financial services industry
Stewart. Real partners. Real possibilities.™ More information can be found at http://www.stewart.com, subscribe to the Stewart blog at http://blog.stewart.com or follow Stewart on Twitter® @stewarttitleco.
Returning Job Seekers
Already have a candidate profile? Log in to access and update your current profile to access and update your current profile.
Stewart employees should access Careers through the Stewart Point internal jobs database.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer