University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics Authority
Guest Services Specialist (70% FTE, Part Time) - University Hospital (5978) (Administrative)
Join the #1 hospital in Wisconsin!
We are seeking a Guest Services Specialist to:
· Support the information desk, waiting rooms and other areas of the UW Hospital by providing the best customer service.
· Greet patients, families and visitors and make efforts to create a welcoming environmental for guests.
Minimum – High School Diploma or equivalent.
Minimum – Six months customer service or related experience.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
· Knowledge of basic to intermediate accounting and financial practices.
· Excellent customer service abilities. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, department administrative staff, interdepartmental contacts and the general public.
· Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
· Resourceful in problem solving.
· Ability to be organized and flexible in response to changing demands.
· Ability to handle a high volume of work under pressure.
· Ability to make appropriate and timely decisions.
· Ability to maintain information confidential in nature.
· Ability to self-direct to accomplish the coordination and decision-making responsibilities of the position with minimal supervison.
· Typing/keyboarding skills.
Light: Ability to lift up to 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
70% FTE, 28 hours per week. Scheduled shifts are 3:00 pm - 9:00 pm, Monday to Friday. Hours may vary based on the needs of the department.
UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.