Validation Technician - Apprentice Program, US - 2019 (Engineering)
Position Title: Validation Technician - Apprentice Program, US - 2019
Working Location: Pennsylvania
Employment Status: Graduate Development Programs
Required Experience: Less than 1 year
Required Education: Diploma
Travel Required: 0%
Want to solve some of the world's biggest health challenges?
With over 300 years of innovation, GSK is a company that delivers many innovative products each year. Join us and help millions of people do more, feel better, live longer.
We're looking for validation technician to work in a team that helps ensure our products, processes and equipment are fit for purpose.
Are you a technical minded, computer savvy upcoming or recent high school graduate with ambition to work on technical projects, resolve production and laboratory issues and develop computer systems to support our continuous improvement processes? If so, the GSK Apprentice Program could be for you.
What you need to succeed
• Team player attitude
• Desire to learn by doing
• Have an eye for detail
• A passion for technology and the healthcare industry
• A proactive, self-motivated approach to learning
This entry-level, development opportunity offers you the chance to study towards nationally recognized qualifications while gaining hands-on, paid work experience. Our apprentices attend college part-time studying theory elements of the apprenticeship while working at a GSK Manufacturing facility. Over the 3 years in the Program, you will build technical and leadership skills through rotations across various GSK site production teams. Your rotations may include time in manufacturing, packaging, maintenance and utilities.
As a validation technician apprentice, you may get involved in the following activities:
• being part of a team introducing new equipment or processes
• writing technical reports and protocols for new equipment or processes
• finding the root cause of problems and identifying areas for improvement, while ensuring quality, safety and accuracy
• participating on projects to convert manual processes to digital processes (digital transformation)
• participating on projects to update, expand or improve equipment automation
You'll be excited by the thought of:
• building technical skills through a tailored entry-level development program, working with industry professionals
• earning an Associate's degree in engineering/engineering science at GSK's partnering community college with the potential to go on to further study. GSK will pay for the apprentice's tuition costs for company approved courses related to the Associate's degree.
• receiving an industry-recognized “Certificate of Completion” training credential from the U.S. Department of Labor upon completion of GSK's Apprentice Program - a portable certificate of competency
• connecting with apprentices across the US and the world
• being part of an inclusive organization that fosters individual empowerment and builds trust
• taking part in projects and prioritizing tasks
• building an understanding of state-of-the-art technologies
• developing skills in an industry that's making innovative changes to the way it develops and manufactures products
• Candidate must be eligible to work in the US permanently and will not need future visa sponsorship
• Must have earned a high school diploma or equivalency diploma by June 2019. 1st year college enrolled are eligible.
• Must be 18 years of age by the 1st of August 2019
• High school GPA 2.5 (“B”) or above (4.0 scale)
• High school Algebra and Geometry or 2 units equivalent of academic math (GPA 2.5 or above in each case)
• High school English GPA 2.5 (“B”) or above (4.0 scale)
• Less than 2 years of related work experience since graduating from high school
• If offered a position the candidate must be willing to enroll, and meet entry requirements, with one of GSK's partnering community colleges or technical institutions, in the preferred related instruction course.
• Must be able to commute on a daily basis to GSK worksite and related instruction facility.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.