Procurement Manager (Manufacturing)
Ametek's Superior Tube Company in Collegeville, PA has an exciting opportunity to join a global supplier of high-performance alloy precision tubular products with customers from a diverse range of markets including the Aerospace, Energy, Oil & Gas, and Medical markets.
The plant manufactures highly engineered and produced-to-order tubes across hundreds of pieces of metal working and annealing equipment. Procurement Manager is the perfect position for a motivated, hands-on quality professional with an interest in expanding their career. This position reports to the Plant Manager. The Procurement Manager will coordinate vendor activity, negotiations, and analyze trends in vendor pricing and sales activity to determine the correct timing and quantity of purchases. They are also required to research and identify alternate vendors and/or products that meet the quality standard or certifications of the company and customer.
This position is responsible for leading the purchasing activity for the site and will be responsible for the execution of all purchasing processes. In addition, they will be expected to coordinate vendor activity, negotiations, and analyze trends in vendor pricing and sales activity to determine the correct timing and quantity of purchases. They are also required to research and identify alternate vendors and/or products that meet the quality standard or certifications of the company and customer.
• Lead and support team members to achieve an injury free workplace.
• Establish and execute the sourcing strategy for Superior Tube
• Validate requisitions and issue purchase orders to vendors and service providers
• Source, select and negotiate the best purchase package in terms of quality, price, terms, deliveries, and services with suppliers.
• Responsible for planning, developing, and buying materials, parts, supplies and equipment in a timely and cost-effective manner while maintaining appropriate quality standards and specifications.
• Confers with vendors to obtain product or service information, such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
• Assist all departments with procuring special products and services.
• Coordinate vendor activity and negotiations.
• Ensure supplier compliance with company policies.
• Build and develop relationships with key suppliers. Identify opportunities for long term agreements to establish partnerships with key vendors to control pricing, reduce inventory and improve delivery efficiency.
• Develop and oversee purchasing policy, procedures, and process.
• Create, develop, and implement procurement strategy and polices.
• Create and implement department Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
• Coordinate with production and forecasting of inventory levels and shop capacity to execute make-buy decision with vendors
• Work with production and inventory control to forecast inventory levels of purchased products and establish process/procedures to initiate MRP driven minimum quantity purchasing activity
• Analyze trends in vendor pricing and sales activity to determine correct timing of purchases.
• Oversee transportation and delivery requirements of purchased products.
• Work with the Suppliers to ensure that acceptable delivery standards are met.
• Coordinate the delivery of expedited items purchased.
• Work with the Suppliers on expedited purchases.
• Discuss defective, shortage or unacceptable goods or services with Quality Inspection or Quality Assurance personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of error and take corrective action
Educational / Experience Requirements:
-BS Degree preferred, equivalent business experience/training or specialized procurement certifications will also be considered
-5 years related experience in purchasing or materials management in a manufacturing environment
-AS9100 experience preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class. .