Lenbrook Square Foundation
Floor Technician (Maintenance)
The Floor Technician provides the cleaning and upkeep of all assigned areas including clean hallways and other areas. Performs housekeeping and cleaning activities within well established guidelines and assigned areas and shift(s) to ensure that quality standards, safety guidelines and customer service expectations are met.
Essential functions of the job:
• Responsible for satisfactory and timely completion of assigned cleaning area according to schedule.
• Reports equipment/cleaning product needs and or malfunctions to supervisor in a timely fashion.
• Performs a variety of tasks, such as dust mopping and damp mopping floors in all areas including
entry ways, corridors, etc.
• Strip and wax floors, mop and clean floors, understand chemicals usage, vacuum offices and common areas. Operate chemical dispensing units.
• Cleans and sanitizes bathrooms including sinks, tubs, floors and commodes.
• Responsible for the daily cleaning and sanitizing of resident room furniture, as well as sitting room and dining room furniture.
• Removes and disposes of trash.
• Interacts appropriately with residents, client, other personnel, supervisors, and the public.
• Responds to customer preferences, complies with industry and federal and state guidelines, and meets the needs of residents.
Skills and aptitude required:
• Knowledgeable of appropriate healthcare environmental services procedures.
• Effective organizational and time management skills.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to maintain quality and safety standards.
• Ability to maintain proper levels of confidentiality.
• Ability to learn and practice healthcare environmental services procedures
• Ability to work closely and professionally with others.
• Must be able to lift/carry and push/pull a maximum of 30/50 pounds.
• Must be able to work around food and cleaning products.
Education and experience required:
• A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions.