TPI Composites, Inc
Quality Inspector (Biotech)
• Inspect or test incoming materials; handle any defects as required by NCR process
• Interpret engineering drawings, diagrams and confers with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards
• Perform in-process inspections or audits as required by Control Plans and/or Check sheets
• Verify specified dimensions of product or material with appropriate measuring tools
• Record, analyze and report key quality data
• Review final inspection documentation prior to shipment of products
• Perform in-house measuring equipment calibrations
• Completes special projects as assigned
Required Education / Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent required; Associates Degree preferred
• Composites molding experience
• Experience in Quality function in “job shop” manufacturing environment
• ASQ Certification or quality training would be a plus
• Capable of lifting items weighing 40lbs
• Able to work on ladders, decks, scaffolds, and inside and around products being built
Desirable Skills or Characteristics:
• Familiar with ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems
• Motivated, reliable, accountable, trustworthy, positive attitude, flexible, quick learner.
• Willing and able to work in plant environment – hands-on, OK to get dirty, physical agility to work on elevated surfaces, on ladders, in and around large molds or parts.
• Measuring with basic instruments: steel ruler, micrometer, and calipers. (English & Metric)
• Capability to read and interpret blueprints and to perform basic math.
• Effective communication skills. Good listener. Bilingual English/ Portuguese a plus.
• Can identify and solve problems. Able to guide or instruct others.
• Able to travel for extended periods outside local area.
• Proficiency in Microsoft EXCEL© and WORD©
• 3D understanding, GD&T knowledge, and experience with portable CMM, such as FARO Laser Tracker or Arm would be real pluses.
• Able to follow instructions and maintain neat, accurate records.
• Ability to work independently; multi-task and manage time + priorities.
• Visual acuity required for performance of inspection tasks.