Daniel J. Edelman Holdings
Account Executive, Corporate Reputation and Public Affairs (Marketing)
Edelman Sacramento has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic Account Executive (AE) to join the team! This vital position is part of our Corporate Reputation & Public Affairs Team and provides support to a diverse range of clients and public awareness/education campaigns working on important topics such as mental health, public safety, and emerging issues in agriculture, water use, and recycling, to name a few. As a critical office for the world's largest independent PR firm, the Sacramento team works on local issues, critical statewide campaigns, and national and global initiatives for some of the most recognized brands and non-profit organizations.
We're looking for someone who is a strong writer and creative thinker. The right candidate must be detailed, organized and eager to learn and work with clients in a variety of fast-paced industries. This is a great multi-discipline opportunity to bring your relevant experience in public relations, media relations, crisis and/or issues management, social purpose, stakeholder engagement, digital engagement and social marketing to Edelman.
In accordance with health and safety regulations around COVID19, this position would be 100% remote with eventual plans to work from the downtown Sacramento office, once health and safety experts deem it is safe to do so.
• Demonstrate the ability to write, edit and proofread to create high quality internal and external communications content, including client presentations, press materials, scripts, newsletter articles, opinion editorials, trade features and social media posts, ensuring high quality and consistency with appropriate writing styles
• Provide client service administration, including preparing client status and activity reports, attending meetings and conference calls, compiling media coverage, coordinating press tour pitching, scheduling and logistics
• Demonstrate understanding of and how to use public engagement and social media tools
• Assist with research, including analysis of media coverage and online conversations
• Develop compelling content for use with a variety of audiences and across traditional and digital media platforms
• Manage projects using organizational skills, working with colleagues, vendors and support agencies, keeping project leaders apprised of status, including tracking financial details
• Manage multiple projects for multiple clients from concept to completion by anticipating challenges, troubleshooting problems, and proposing solutions
• Learn key client information, including business strategy, industry issues, products and services, key customers and competitors
• Monitor legislative and regulatory developments and financial trends at local, state and national level
• Build a network of traditional and online media contacts
• Participate in the new business process, including research, audits, preparation of proposals and support for new business pitches
• Demonstrate behaviors consistent with Edelman's values (Quality, Integrity, Respect, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Mutual Benefits) and Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
• Identify and work with media; demonstrate network of traditional and online media contacts
• Demonstrate the ability to maintain calm in high-stress client environments
• Occasionally supervise interns and junior staff on projects
An Account Executive must have at least two years of relevant experience in public relations and/or a related communications field such as journalism, advertising, marketing, or digital communications/marketing.
The Account Executive should have a bachelor's degree in a relevant field, a solid grasp of all basic public relations tools and how they are used, along with solid research, writing and editing skills. Competitive candidates should demonstrate a proven ability to manage multiple small or medium-sized projects simultaneously. S/he should have the ability to develop relationships with media and apply experience and initiative in developing traditional and digital media relationship strategies. Prior agency or public affairs experience is strongly preferred.