Maintenance Reliability Team Leader (Manufacturing)
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill's food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Position Purpose & Summary
The Maintenance & Reliability Team Leader/Manager is responsible to manage the maintenance of company assets (including spare parts management) within all applicable laws and procedures while achieving maximum plant reliability and availability performance and lowest overall costs through high maintenance efficiency with engaged, high performing employees. To provide leadership, technical knowledge, partnership with operations, maintenance & reliability experience and management skills which will ensure integration of maintenance services in the attainment of short and long-term facility and group objectives. To champion cultural change focusing on increasing plant reliability and performance efficiency, while minimizing unscheduled plant interruptions and reducing scheduled downtime using continuous improvement tools to optimize the company's physical assets, processes, and strategies.
50% RELIABILITY EXCELLENCE GOVERNANCE (DEVELOP, ALIGN & IMPLEMENT RE PRACTICES & PROGRAMS)
• Implementing deployment and overseeing M&R processes
• Lead implementation of Best Practices for effective and efficient utilization of manpower resources ensuring compliance with Group maintenance and inventory standards and procedures
• Improve EHS performance while ensuring compliance with local regulations and all Cargill policies & procedures as related to safety, environment and food safety
• Promote and deploy a performance monitoring system with KPIs/metrics focusing on assets reliability improvement, failure identification and elimination
20% CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT/OPERATIONAL EFFECTIVENESS
• Drive a culture that minimizes operational product loss
• Deploy a continuous improvement process based on gaps identification and elimination performing Group assessments and follow up on actions
• Partner closely with embedded contractors for Continuous Improvement of contractor utilization and performance
• Deploy Asset Health Evaluation Model and appropriate RE tools (Cause Analysis, Op Care, etc…)
• Managing risk/loss potential to personnel, equipment, and plant operations.
10% COST MANAGEMENT
• Implement and track facility maintenance costs in accordance with effective reliability principles to improve the overall facility results
• Communicate locally and regionally performance to plan
• Develop a long term reliability plan to best address facility operational improvement and sustainment
10% TEAM MANAGEMENT
• Development and supervision of direct and indirect reports to achieve desired results consistent with CSST Group vision
• Performance Management, Career Development Plans, Succession planning, Talent pipeline, training plans, craft skills plan to close gaps
• Employee Engagement
• Giving regular feedback and follows performance management process guidelines for ratings and compensation and the one-up process.
5% PROJECT MANAGEMENT
• Actively contributing to capital planning process (project identification & scheduling), preparing relevant capital commitment information for assigned project work with major focus on replacement projects based on asset condition.
• Ensure that maintenance resources are available to participate in the key steps of a capital project to ensure information/knowledge about equipment reliability and maintainability are transferred to the project team with major focus on LCC approach
5% Any other duties as assigned
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Mechanical, Chemical or Electrical) or similar technical discipline
• 5 years of relevant experience in maintenance or operations
• Working knowledge of Food Safety, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Environmental regulations
• Knowledgeable of basic HR practices, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Guiding Principles
• Demonstrated ability to lead and influence results w/ peers, management teams and non-direct reports
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written within multiple levels of the organization.
• Ability to organize, coordinate and accomplish multiple tasks
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships both internally and externally
• Ability to travel as needed
• Certified Maintenance Reliability Professional (CMRP) certification
• Formal training in Predictive Maintenance technologies (vibration, infrared thermography, motor circuit, ultrasound, non-destructive examination)
• 5 years direct / indirect supervisory experience
• Formal training in RE principles (cause analysis, 5Y, Operator Care, RCM, FMEA, 5S)
• 3 years of relevant maintenance or operations supervisory experience
• Experience with Corn Milling equipment and processes
• Microsoft Office Suite experience
• Green Belt Certification
If selected for an interview you will be required to submit your past two performance reviews.
This position is posted internally as well as externally
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.