Maximus Services, LLC
DB2 Database Administrator (Finance)
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced DB2 Database Administrator to join our team. Your role will involve overseeing database administration, performance tuning, troubleshooting, and ensuring the availability, integrity, and security of our DB2 databases.
• Administer and maintain DB2 database environments, including
installation, configuration, and patch management.
• Administer and maintain database operational status and performance
• Administer and maintain database replication monitoring and fault
• Troubleshoot and resolve database issues, collaborating with cross-
functional teams and vendors as necessary.
• Implement and maintain database security measures, including user
access controls, data encryption, and auditing mechanisms.
• Conduct database capacity planning analysis and forecasting to
accommodate future growth and changing business requirements.
• Develop and maintain database backup and recovery strategies to ensure
data availability and integrity.
• Collaborate with development teams to optimize SQL queries, database
code, and stored procedures for improved performance.
• Stay updated on emerging technologies, industry trends, and best practices
in DB2 database administration and recommend their adoption as
• Create and maintain documentation related to database configurations,
procedures, and troubleshooting guides.
• Due to federal requirements, only US Citizens can be considered.
Candidates with dual citizenship cannot be considered.
• Candidates with an existing Secret clearance are highly desirable. However,
applicants without a current Secret clearance, who have the ability to obtain
and maintain one, will also be considered for this position.
• Must be based around the Annapolis Junction, MD area. This position
requires onsite work; however, a limited amount of telework can be
available, subject to approval.
• This individual will be responsible for the daily operation of mission critical
systems on a 24x7x365 workday basis. Shift work will be required
• Certified as an IBM Certified Database Administrator. Equivalent
certifications can be considered.
• 7 or more years of experience in a DB2 Database Administrator role or in
a related field
• 7 or more years of experience in the following:
o IBM DB2
o DBI Software
#techjobs #clearance #NSO
Maximus TCS (Technology and Consulting Services) Internal Job Profile Code: TCS081, T3, Band 6
Since 1975, Maximus has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. Maximus delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, Maximus is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies Maximus deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We're proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. Maximus is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Maximus provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
Maximus compensation is based on various factors including but not limited to job location, a candidate's education, training, experience, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value analysis including seniority and merit systems, as well as internal pay alignment. Annual salary is just one component of Maximus's total compensation package. Other rewards may include short- and long-term incentives as well as program-specific awards. Additionally, Maximus provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off. Compensation ranges may differ based on contract value but will be commensurate with job duties and relevant work experience. An applicant's salary history will not be used in determining compensation. Maximus will comply with regulatory minimum wage rates and exempt salary thresholds in all instances.