Associate Product Designer (Creative Design)
We are currently on the lookout for an Associate Product Designer to join our team! The design team at Shipt imagines the best experiences for our users, and inspires the company to build them. Everyday we advocate for, understand, and empathize with our users. We value collaboration, and work with our engineering, PM, data science, and marketing partners to ensure we make a difference in our users' lives.
Our midsized team ensures your work will have immediate, highly visible impact on our products, our users, and our team. At Shipt, you will have the chance to contribute to the evolution of a world class design team, while receiving mentorship along the way. You will own the end to end design of your product area, meaning you have the chance to positively change the lives of 125 million+ households in America.
What You'll Gain
You will get experience working with a cross-disciplinary team shipping real-world products to our customers around the nation. You will also receive hands-on mentorship from your friendly teammates on topics ranging from design to career advice.
• Partner with product management and engineering to identify requirements, use cases, and user journeys for Shipt's products. Together you will own the success of your product.
• Understand the vision for your product. Learn and apply what we value to your work.
• Build relationships with peers across disciplines. Learn how different disciplines work together to build products.
• Explore different ways to solve problems. Identify pros & cons, questions, and implications of each approach.
• Illustrate and communicate design solutions across uses cases by creating process flows, wireframes, prototypes, and high fidelity mock-ups
• Learn, understand, and use data collected from research, user testing, and market analysis to create truly user-centered designs
• Learn how to use our design system and design with components. Deliver UI that follows our fundamentals.
• Collaborate and reach out to others. Seek and provide constructive feedback.
• Regularly present your work to stakeholders for review and feedback
• 1+ years experience designing consumer web and/or mobile experiences.
• Strong communication and presentation skills that allow you to communicate design ideas clearly and persuasively and influence peers
• Experience in Sketch, XD, or Figma (Shipt uses Figma)
Nice to Haves
• Experience designing for consumers on iOS, Android, and web is a plus.
• Self-starter who is creative, results-driven, human-centric, accurate, and pays attention to details
• Have an eye for shape, color, layout, hierarchy, typography, and micro-interactions
• A portfolio or prior work demonstrating your passion for simple, intuitive, and beautiful user-centered designs
• An ability to have relentlessly high standards for design excellence within a lean, ship fast environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.