Detention Officer (Security)
• Performs duties related to the detention, processing, safeguarding, security, and escort of detainees as required by the contract
• Exercises surveillance and control over detainees and maintains order and discipline
• Receive a thorough briefing from the previous officer to include any pertinent information that would affect the assigned post.
• Review past entries in the Post logbook.
• Make an official entry in the logbook stating you have accepted the post and assume all responsibilities that go with the post.
• Conduct a security and sanitation check of the area upon assuming control of the post
• Inventory all equipment and notate the results in the logbook
• Receive all authorized equipment and ensure that it is in proper working condition
• You are required to duty carry one of the authorized intermediate weapons
• Intermediate weapons should be used in accordance with Service approved Use of Force policy
• Ensure that your communication radio is in good working order with a fully charged battery
• Inspect, maintain, and care for authorized post related equipment
• Attends to housing, feeding, and the physical well-being of detainees, on a variety of shifts 24 hours a day
• Enforces rules and regulations of the detention facility
• Provides care, custody and control of detainees at all times
• Removes detainees from holding areas using proper restraints and security measures
• Guards detainees at deportation or exclusion hearings
• Performs all work duties and activities in accordance with organization policies and procedures
• Follows company-wide safety policies and practices and adheres to responsibilities concerning safety prevention, reporting and monitoring as outlined in the Officer Handbook and other Company Safety Policies
• Perform other duties as assigned
· US citizen or a person lawfully admitted into the United States for permanent residence and have resided in the U.S. for the last five years
· Possess a high school diploma or equivalent (GED)
· Pass a criminal background and consumer credit check (no criminal record)
· Obtain and maintain a DHS/ICE government clearance
· Pass all pre-employment and random drug tests
· Pass a medical examination and meet health requirements
· At least 21 years of age
· Possess a valid state driver's license.
· Ability to obtain a state security guard license
· One year of Military, Security, Law Enforcement, or Corrections experience demonstrating the following:
Ability to greet and deal tactfully with the general public.
Capability of following and interpreting/understanding written and verbal orders, policies and regulations, printed rules and regulations, detailed written orders, training instructions and materials, and are able to compose written and oral reports.
Proven ability to exercise good judgment, courage, alertness, an even temperament, and render satisfactory performance through his/her responsibilities.
Ability to maintain poise and self control during situations that involve mental and physical stress, such as fires, explosions, disturbances and building evacuations.
· Maintain a professional personal appearance, calm demeanor, and discretion with confidential information
· Pass a medical examination and all pre-employment/random drug tests
· Possess a high degree of integrity, accountability and adhere to the American Correctional Association and DHS ICE National Detention Standards
· Demonstrate an ability to work with a diverse population of people, including people of different cultures, with different values and lifestyles; with a cross cultural perspective
· Maintain current/physical residency in the continental United States
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at email@example.com or 571-353-7053. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an open position using our website.
Please do not use the dedicated email or phone number above to inquire on the status of your job application.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application.