Controls Engineer (Marketing)
In this role, you will support day to day issues and work on continuous improvement projects where you will be required to design, develop, and implement equipment controls and MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems) solutions. You will act as the technical lead, as well as an individual contributor on these engagements, contributing to software/hardware architecture design, development of software/hardware applications, and integration into manufacturing process and company-wide enterprise systems.
• Provide technical assistance in support of projects and manufacturing goals.
• Provide technical assistance to the Maintenance department as requested in identifying and correcting non-routine or highly complex equipment problems.
• Maintain technical documentation and software in direct support of manufacturing and plant facilities.
• Design and review designs of plant equipment as they relate to electrics, electronics, hydraulics, pneumatics and safety issues. Ensure the most beneficial application of current technology in these designs.
• Coordinate and implement continuous improvement projects from conception to completion.
• Issue request for quotation, develop appropriation request, and prepare purchase orders for projects and equipment.
• Initiate and support various task teams as required.
• Provide technical assistance with shop floor control systems such as Apriso and Ignition.
• B.S. degree in an electrical or electronics engineering field or similar engineering field required, with a minimum of two (2) years related experience preferred.
• Experience in industrial control system design and drafting. CAD experience preferred.
• Working knowledge of: NFPA-79, NEC, OSHA (Machine & Equipment Safety), ANSI/RIA R15.06-2012
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and experience working in a team environment.
• Ability to use a personal computer and software as used in the electrical engineering role.
• Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and implement work activities with minimal direction.
• HMI: AB PanelView, FTView, ME & SE, Parker CTC & InteractX
• PLC Infrastructure : SLC-500, MicroLogix, Compact Logix, ControlLogix, Siemens
• I/O & Field Bus protocol: PROFIBUS/PROFINET, AB TCP/IP, SERCO, DEVICENET, Ethernet IP
• PLC Programming: RSLogix 500, RSLogix 5000, Siemens Step-7, SLC500
• AC/DC VSD/VFD (Variable speed drives): Mitsubishi, AB, Various others
• Hydraulic and pneumatic experience/understanding
• Cell Automation Design & Robotic Integration: ABB, FANUC
• Generate and read ladder logic and electrical schematics
• Electrical wiring and electrical safety (LOTO and Arc Flash)
• Cleco/Atlas DC tool controls and interface
• Apriso and Ignition software knowledge in an MES framework
• Experience with SCADA systems, preferably Ignition.