Monrovia Nursery Company
PLANT PROTECTION-Pesticide Applicator (Agriculture)
1. Use proper protective equipment when working with chemicals.
2. Read work orders, weigh ingredients and mix pesticides or fertilizer.
3. Load equipment with pesticides.
4. Operate tractor and spraying equipment.
5. Fumigate the soil mixes.
6. Assist in changing chlorine cylinders.
7. Understand the reasons and effects of pesticide applications.
8. Work hours needed– Spring hours are longer, Saturday work required.
9. Understand how to handle inadvertent chemical spills or discharges.
10. Keep the equipment clean and in good working order.
11. Properly mark the areas being treated with pesticides.
12. Ensure that all people and their belongings are out of the area to be treated.
13. Driving, walking, climbing, sitting, stooping, bending, reaching, lifting, pushing, pulling.
14. Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
15. Other duties as assigned to meet departmental requirements.