Empower Federal Credit Union
Digital Marketing Specialist (Marketing)
Are you an ambitious Digital Marketing Specialist looking for an exciting new opportunity? Are you looking to join a team of positive and creative professionals? Here at Empower we are passionate about our team members' growth, successes and contributions to our employees, our members, and our community to best support our company culture and brand.
As a Digital Marketing Specialist with Empower FCU, you would be responsible for supporting digital marketing efforts by developing and performing marketing communication initiatives with the overall goals of improving brand awareness of Empower FCU.
This role will work with the marketing team to coordinate, create, and achieve marketing initiatives through social media, web, and email marketing campaigns and content creation for the website, online, and traditional marketing materials. This position will play an integral role in building and engaging the Empower FCU member base and is a back-up to other functions within the Marketing department.
Come join our team as the next Digital Marketing Specialist in Syracuse, New York. This is a hybrid-role which requires 5 on-site days per month.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
• Champion Empower FCU's workplace culture and support internal clients as Digital Marketing Specialist.
• Responsible for the proactive creation, coordination, implementation, and final reporting for all website and Inlighten updates and campaigns.
• Act as backup for the graphic designer. Develop and/or request graphics for websites and Inlighten as needed. Research new tools and enhancements for website, to ensure the site is current and most recent technologies are being considered. Write copy for web pages, online banking campaigns, and messaging systems such as inlighten system, online banking and marketing site alerts. Obtain required approvals, perform all updates once received, and maintain thorough records of all changes and approvals details.
• Keep connected to emerging digital channels, options, and approaches and collaborate with the marketing department's leadership to continue to improve Empower's approach.
• Develop and design creative pieces for targeted/segmented marketing.
• Ensure positive and effective relationships with Empower team members, members, and business partners.
• Build and manage Empower FCU's social media profiles and presence; monitor and engage in relevant social discussions
• Improve and perform communications/branding plan in partnership with Marketing Manager & CMO to address employee and member communications, business documents branding, advertising and marketing collateral, public relations events, TV/radio broadcasts, and social media marketing content
• Responsible for the proactive creation of regular posts, implementation of social media program, and reporting for Empower social media channels including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. Monitor posts/conversations on these channels, draft suggested responses, coordinate with other departments when needed, obtain required approvals, and maintain thorough records of all posts, conversations, and approvals.
• Participates in staff training programs to stay current on credit union and industry trends.
• Understands credit union policies and procedures and ensures that all marketing communications conform to applicable regulatory and credit union standards.
• Maintains knowledge of and follows all credit union policies and procedures.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned. Some travel and participation in credit union events is required.
1. See Dayforce (HRIS) for Performance Goals upon hire.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Three years to five years of similar or related experience including:
• Marketing Agency Experience (preferred)
• Experience with Google Analytics, SEO, social media platform management, and web content management systems
• Exceptional communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
• Excellent layout and design skills.
• Ability to balance aesthetic and production considerations to execute rough and final designs utilizing creative tools – photography, illustration, type, color, texture, and dimensions.
• Experience in digital marketing management and growth.
• Proven ability to create, edit and outline content.
• Knowledge of HTML5/CSS3, WordPress, basic understanding of source code, on-page elements, etc. (Preferred but not required)
Education: Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, Writing or related field preferred.
Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation. Able to work well under pressure; organized and ability to meet deadlines.
• Passionate about personal growth and learning
• Ability to build strong relationships both inside and outside the credit union
• High level of problem-solving capabilities, curiosity, self-motivation, and adaptability
• Creativity and innovation for finding new and more efficient ways of doing things
• Excellent time management skills and exceptional attention to detail
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required; desirable skills include graphic design, social media management, event planning and coordination, retail marketing, video creation and editing, as well as experience with Adobe Creative Cloud
• Strong relationship-building and teamwork skills with the ability to develop and maintain consultative relationships with team members and business partners.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and work cross-departmentally to create media for various events and uses.
• Strong attention to detail, organization, prioritization and time management skills; manages multiple ongoing projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Demonstrated creativity and ability to think out of the box and drive change.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit for long periods at a time, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising the position.