Thompson Hospitality Corporation
Prep Cook - Talladega College (Food Services)
The Cook follows predetermined menus to prepare meals and food items for customers in batch or single orders, may supervise junior level cooks, may specialize in a cooking technique or food item, ensures proper food portions, and may assist in the food preparation process.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Client and Customer Satisfaction/Relations
• Prepare food items in bulk or to order.
• May assist in the food preparation process to speed up production.
• Prepare meals and food items to customer specifications as applicable.
2. Program Quality and Standards
• Follow all food handling procedures and regulations.
• Ensure proper food portions and quality of food items.
• Ability to follow and comply with recipes.
• Maintain a clear work area.
3. Business Growth and Marketing
• Encourage repeat business by providing quality meals and food items.
• Eliminate waste wherever possible.
• Accurately record production amounts throughout the meal.
• Pre-cost menus upon request.
• Post-cost menu upon completion of meal.
5. Leadership and Managerial Skills
• May supervise junior level cooks or other kitchen staff.
• Ability to create cost-effective and customer-driven menus