United States Gypsum Company
Engineering Associate - Ceilings Plus (Engineering)
• Applies knowledge of engineering principles to design products.
• May be involved in fabrication, operation, application, products.
• Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Creating and generate fabrication drawings and DXF's for manufacturing
• Create final set of shop drawings for installation to be supplied to customer at time of shipment.
• Create Bills of Material and shop routers using Made2Manage software
• Prepare material Take off and pre-release through purchasing
• Provide necessary support to manufacturing.
• Consult with department managers regarding current and ongoing projects requiring shop or production drawings
• Responsible for providing metal ceilings technical design support to architectural and sales representatives
• Create and modify shop and product drawings using AutoCAD
• Utilize technical training to assist in designing custom ceiling components and layouts
• Work with the production department when fabricating custom ceiling components and revise drawings accordingly
• Strong leadership, communication (verbal and written), decision making and employee relations skills within a diverse workforce environment.
• Must have demonstrated abilities to read and interoperate architectural drawings and specifications from architects and designers
• Proficient in AutoCAD; able to create and modify product and shop drawings
• Must have a high level of organizational skills with the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks.
• Knowledge in building science and building codes would be an added asset
• Knowledgeable with safety compliance programs with a strong emphasis on safety, quality and housekeeping.
• Must be a team player.
EOE including disability/veteran