Stock Room Worker (Transportation)
The Stockroom Worker prepares, alters and processes new or used garment inventories for delivery to customers. Maintains inventory levels and their records, receives new garments from vendors and notifies supervision of problems such as back orders or wrong items sent. Performs other tasks as required.
Compensation: $13.75 an hour, which moves to $14.35 after 90 day probationary period. Wage increases to $14.75 an hour on 6/1/21.
- Retrieve finished, clean garments from rail storage system or receive new garments from vendors. Review vendor packing ticket/invoice for accuracy.
- Identify and track shortages, back orders or other problems, notify supervision.
- Inspect garments for quality, alter/mend as needed using a sewing machine or by hand, then shelve garments or put in use.
- Use computer to prepare property mark labels. Use label sealing machinery or sewing machine.
- Prepare garments according to route, customer and individual user, then place into route carts/bins for loading into delivery vehicles or designated area. Follow written packing instructions or garment order forms.
- Work at a rate to keep up with the flow of garments and delivery date requirements.
- Place garment orders using a computer, phone or fax, maintain inventory levels, perform withdrawals, inventories, maintain records and prepare reports or orders.
- Continuously meet efficiency and safety standards for the position.
- Keep work area neat and clean.
- Follow written and verbal instructions and perform other tasks as directed by supervision.
- Perform other production tasks as required
- Recognize colors and sizes, count and sort accurately.
- Multi-task with a high degree of accuracy.
- Have adequate computer skills or ability to learn.
- Comprehend and follow written packing instructions or work orders.
- Comprehend and follow written and verbal direction.
Typical Environmental Conditions:
- Production areas of a typical industrial laundry facility, which includes working with or around large machinery, variations in temperature, odors, humidity, lint and dust.