Principal Scientist (Engineering)
The Principal Scientist (or Engineer) works to enhance the TruVu 360 data analytics platform and related rules engines by developing data-driven diagnostic and prognostic tools.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
AMETEK Spectro Scientific and Grabner Instruments are looking for a Principal Scientist who has the capability to develop data-driven tools that enhance Spectro and Grabner's line of analytical products. These include infrared spectrometers, viscometers, elemental analyzers, flash point testers and particle analysis systems. Spectro's existing fluidics rules engines have for years provided our customers with information-rich guidance, and you will join a team with deep experience in fluids analysis and failure mode indication. The Principal Scientist will work to understand how the existing TruVu 360 platform works with these products, then look to utilize historical databases, known limits and rules related to the analyzer/application, and knowledge of the analyzer itself to prescribe advanced, predictive algorithms. Such algorithms will be coded into the TruVu 360 data analytics platform by the engineering team, and will provide the customer with an enhanced, predictive and richer view of the health of their machinery and fluids.
Essential Responsibilities Include
• Work with engineering team as the lead data analyst for the analyzers
• Analyze existing data warehouse and create new targeted data-driven algorithms to characterize the existing and future status of machinery using multiple analyzer and usage-related inputs
• Prototype and test these algorithms, demonstrating how they enhance TruVu 360
• Understand existing Spectro Rules Engines and their relation to TruVu 360; support continued development consistent with developed algorithms
Qualifications & Requirements
• MS (PhD preferred) in Electrical or Chemical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or related field from an accredited college or university.
• Experience with or understanding of stochastic process modeling
• Experience with Matlab, Python, or related programming languages/computing platforms
• 5+ years of experience preferred.
• Experience in working with algorithm development for sensors and instrumentation
• Enthusiastic and can drive projects to success as the Principal Scientist/Engineer
• Individual contributor that has experience working remotely with minimal supervision and has the capability to multi-task successfully
• Must have proven track record of working cross-functionally to meet milestones and objectives
• Self-motivated and willing to “do what it takes” to get the job done
• High degree of organizational skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Salary Exempt position. Hours over 40 per week can be expected.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class. .