SANTA CRUZ SEASIDE COMPANY
Restaurant Supervisor (Finance)
UNIQUE JOB REQUIREMENTS:
This is a unique opportunity to join the Boardwalk's great Guest Service Team as the leader of a department. Must provide exceptional Guest Service by acknowledging and greeting all Guests and exemplify outstanding service to our Guests by owning the key Guest Service Principles. Have Fun, by being enthusiastic, enjoying working with Guests and your coworkers.
Responsible for the hands-on operation of an individual restaurant. Required to work anytime between 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m., 7 days a week in the summer. This includes holidays, and over time when needed. Supervise all employees in a specific restaurant. Must understand and enforce company and departmental policies. Understand and enforce food safety (HACCP: Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) procedures. Obtain a CA Food Handler card within 30 days of hire or show proof of existing CA Food Handler card.
JOB TASKS (IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- Greet every Guest and answer Guests questions and provide consistent, friendly and helpful guest service.
- Supervise, train, coordinate and evaluate employees in a restaurant.
- Observe staff are complying with safety procedures.
- Maintain safety and sanitation requirements as established by health code regulation and department policies.
- Maintain restaurant appearance and ensure dining room cleanliness.
- Ensure menu items are prepared consistently and food appearance and quality is maintained.
- Motivates and encourages employees through daily reinforcement and coaching.
- Train and motivate staff to provide consistent, friendly and helpful service to employees and guests.
- Coach and counsel employees within established department and company policies.
- Cross train and develop staff for operational efficiency.
- Develop and train to promote leaders.
- Keep Foodservice Operational Supervisor and direct Supervisor informed of significant concerns and issues.
- Sell beer in conformance with the state law and company policies.
- Assist in controlling labor and cost of sales.
- Responsible for checking and maintaining proper temperatures throughout storage, preparation, cooling, holding and serving of food items.
- Prepare weekly work schedule for staffing restaurant.
- Complete weekly and monthly inventory.
- Check supplies and maintain restaurant stock levels.
- Handle customer complaints.
- Take hourly sale readings and calculate restaurant productivity.
- Handle cash over/short forms for customers and conduct cashier audits.
- Make recommendations for improvements in menus, food quality, training and Guest service.
- Make recommendations for updating procedures and training literature.
- Conduct safety and customer service observations.
- Prepare and present Employee Performance Evaluations.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
All levels of Santa Cruz Seaside Company employees.
High volume of interaction with guests
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Must excel at providing outstanding Guest Service. At least six months of experience providing customer service in a fast-food establishment or restaurant. Some experience as a Lead or Supervisor desirable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
-Ability to work as a team leader; train, motivate and supervise employees.
-Ability to communicate clearly to guests and employees to give instructions and directions.
-Ability to inspire, train and motivate staff to provide consistent, friendly, and helpful service.
-Ability to perform basic math calculations.
-Ability to learn to operate the different functions of a cash register.
-Ability to learn, comply and enforce all Food Service department/company policies.
-Ability to stay focused on the job, while taking orders from many guests.
-Ability to follow verbal and written directions.
-Ability to respond appropriately to difficult customer service situations, and to resolve guest issues.
-Ability to multitask and work in a very fast paced environment.
-Ability to work well under pressure with speed and accuracy.
-Ability to make quick decisions.
-Ability to obtain CA Food Handler card within 30 days of hire.
- Able to walk, bend, stretch and stand up for up to eight hours at a time.
- Able to climb stairs.
- Able to work in a noisy, fast-paced environment.
- Bi-manual dexterity.
- Able to lift and carry up to 45 pounds from ground to waist height.
- Able to understand food service orders.
- Able to see to ensure quality of products and facilities.
TESTING UPON HIRE:
criminal background check
Food Service Operations Supervisor
Food Service Operations Manager
Food Service Staff