University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics Authority
Project Manager, Planning Design & Construction - University Hospital and Administrative Office Building (9417) (Architecture)
Join the #1 hospital in Wisconsin!
We are seeking a Project Manager in Planning Design & Construction to:
· Play a pivotal role in orchestrating and leading the project delivery effort for UW Health, which includes planning, organizing, and staffing the project; facilitating the work; monitoring progress of the work; and concluding the project with related post occupancy evaluations.
· Independently scope, develop, and manage projects of all types of size, cost, and complexity. Larger and multiple phased projects will exceed $20,000,000
· Work with customers to define and optimize scope of proposed projects within budget constraints. Prepare or coordinate the preparation of conceptual plans required for project approval, including preparation of timelines and budgets for remodeling and construction projects.
· Attend progress meetings and remain alert to any contractor operations that might adversely affect the health care mission, work to alleviate any disruptions to the construction progress.
· Work across all project types and service groups, including direct communication with senior management and faculty.
Minimum – Bachelor's Degree. Four years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree, in addition to the below work experience minimum.
Preferred – Bachelor's Degree (Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, or Business); Advanced Degree – MBA, Masters of Architecture, Masters of Engineering.
Minimum – Three (3) years of experience in project management, construction administration and/or facility planning.
Preferred – Five (5) years of healthcare project experience.
Licenses and Certifications:
Preferred – In process or eligible for one or more of the following: AIA, PE, PMI, CHC, EDAC, ACHE, or related healthcare or construction management certification.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
· Strong interpersonal and meeting facilitation skills.
· Strong negotiation and delegation skills.
· Ability to make judgments in demanding situations
· Ability to react to frequent changes in duties and volume of work
· Ability to manage multiple concurrent activities
· Basic understanding of business document production (i.e. spreadsheets, contracts, memos, etc.)
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Basic knowledge of quantitative analysis.
· Ability to work in a team environment and to collaborate with a variety of professionals.
· Communicator who strives to create win-win solutions.
Light: Ability to lift up to 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
UW Health is committed to being a diverse, equitable, inclusive and anti-racist workplace and is an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Our integrity shines through in patient care interactions and our daily work practices as we work to embrace the knowledge, unique perspectives and qualities each employee and faculty member brings to work each day. Applications from Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) individuals, women, and LGBTQ+ and non-binary identities are strongly encouraged. EOE, including disability/vets.
100% FTE, 40 hours per week. Scheduled shifts are 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday. Hours may vary based on the operational needs of the department.
UW Health Administrative Facilities - UW Health has administrative locations throughout Madison and beyond where thousands of employees provide vital support to our clinical areas. These locations are home to departments such as Access Services, Compliance, Human Resources, Information Services, Patient Medical Records, Payroll and many others.