Senior Software Engineer (Information Technology)
Senior Software Development Engineer
Prendio is a breakthrough eProcurement service designed from the ground up to serve Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical vertical. We deliver our client and supplier partners the right products at the right time and at the right price. We are focused on customer service and a modern easy-to-use web experience.
If you're the type of person who craves challenges, we'd love to talk to you! We have plenty of interesting problems to solve, and we need your help to take our platform to the next level.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Scale distributed applications, make architectural trade-offs applying synchronous and asynchronous design patterns, write code, and deliver with speediness and quality.
• Develop multi-tier scalable, high-volume performing, and reliable user-centric applications that operate 24x7.
• Produce high quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration.
• Provide technical leadership, driving and performing best engineering practices to initiate, plan, and execute large-scale, cross functional, and company-wise critical programs.
• Identify, leverage, and successfully evangelize opportunities to improve engineering productivity.
• BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or related practical experience.
• 4+ years experience in software design, development, and algorithm related solutions.
• 4+ years experience in creating and exploring software frameworks, deploying applications on production environment, good knowledge in ant, junit etc. Preferred Qualifications:
• BS + 5 years of relevant work experience, knowledge on AWS environment/Cloud infrastructure a plus.
• Expertise in Play framework, Scala, Linux Operating Environment, SVN etc.
• Strong object oriented skills.
• Expert knowledge of computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
• Experience building web applications and services with IDEs, ant, junit, etc.
• Experience with relational databases (transactional and non-transactional), database architecture, and distributed transaction management.
Health and Dental Insurance
1 Work from home day
Catered lunch every Friday
Quarterly Company Activities
Snacks and awesome coffee machine
Unique office space
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Woburn, MA 01801