General Dynamics Information Technology
Network Administrator (Finance)
Type of Requisition:Pipeline
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:Interim Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:Top Secret
Suitability:No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required:
Job Family:Network Administration
General Dynamic Information Technology (GDIT) is hiring intermediate Network Administrators, in Fort Meade, MD. Your primary responsibilities include providing technical solutions in the management of software, hardware, configurations, and architectures, including network control software, routers, switches, lines, modems, adapters and servers.
· Evaluates existing network systems to ensure network capacity meets current and future network requirements. Analyzes customer requirements to determine optimal network solutions.
· Monitors network performance and troubleshoots and resolves complex problems to maintain operating efficiency and ensure quality transmission service on the network. Uses subject matter expertise to diagnose and solve issues and has some authority to deviate from standard operating procedures.
· Creates, maintains and deletes user accounts.
· Plans, installs and maintains network systems for multiple classifications.
· May provide installation, maintenance and repair of network hardware and software.
· Develops and/modifies process and technical documentation. Creates back-up procedures, test plans, and related reports.
· Plans and diagrams the physical layout and location of devices and the connection between devices participating on the network.
· Evaluates and recommends networking product and software upgrades.
· Active Top Secret clearance is required.
· A combination of 2 or more years of experience.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Travel Required:Less than 10%
Telecommuting Options:Telecommuting Not Allowed
Work Location:USA MD Fort Meade
Additional Work Locations:We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.