Prudential Ins Co of America
Lead User Experience Designer (Creative Design)
As the Lead, User Experience Designer you'll work in a multidisciplinary team, alongside product manager, marketers, researchers, experience designers, visual designers and developers, to deliver word-class, human-centered products and services for Prudential.
Your role will be to analyze, plan, map, and create the most valuable and contextually accurate experiences that are simple, and intuitive for Prudential's customers to use.
Not only will you be excited by the challenge of creating great products across each channel and device, but you will also be required to influence and own the end-to end journey as well as each detailed outcome.
You will have a deep understanding of digital technology, how to design in an Agile, fast-paced, high-pressure environment, whilst helping transform Prudential's end-to-end product and service delivery model.
As the Lead User Experience Designer you will:
▪ Understand customer needs and identify where separate interactions should come together as one that meets that need
▪ Arrange these separate interactions into rational user flows and digital touch-points for every customer journey
▪ Look for commonalities in activities across experiences where new product opportunities could be realized
▪ Understand the core Human Centered Design framework of an experience and design targeted improvements to that framework that accommodates new and improved process refinements
▪ Create and rapidly iterate interactive prototypes in accordance with task, scenario and journey
▪ Identify and design new cross-functional design patterns and standards
▪ Guide, coach and inform on all design opportunities with developers, ux writers, marketing and product stakeholders
▪ Communicate new cases for design improvements with product managers
▪ Communicate with detailed design and industry backed decisions and be able to represent all experience touch-points
▪ Engage, align and co-create within Agile multidisciplinary teams across the Prudential business
▪ Run and lead design thinking, Lean Business Canvas workshops, design sprints and all other collaborative activities
▪ Represent and champion Human Centered Design at a senior leadership level
▪ Play an active part in the design recruitment and selection process
▪ Analyze failure within existing experiences and identify root causes for that failure
▪ Identify opportunities for operation and process improvement within existing services
Skills and experience
It's essential that you will have:
▪ 6+ years in a Full-Stack, Product Design, UX or equivalent design role
▪ Combination of agency and corporate environment experience
▪ Mature and seasoned experience with the following
▪ Demonstrable experience of articulating design ideas and concepts in a way that people of different backgrounds can understand
▪ Demonstrable experience of how to interpret qualitative and quantitate research
▪ High level of experience with recognizing complex business challenges
▪ Experience working in a fast paced environment
▪ Working and leading, collectively and autonomously with cross-functional teams
▪ Solid understanding of Information Architecture, taxonomy, language and content matrixes
▪ A design related degree or relevant experience in designing products and services
▪ Demonstrable experience on how visual form and function work together
▪ Experience assessing front-end technology integration and enablement
▪ Experience working in Lean and or Agile environments
▪ Create clear, compelling and cohesive presentations that frame context with emotion and need, so audiences can be taken on an informative, self-guided journey
▪ Welcome constructive criticism with the ability to respect and respond to appropriately
▪ Drive inquisitive thinking, exploration and investigation with customers and stakeholders. Understanding how we feel and react to moments of opportunity and need.
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, which may include an assessment, please call (800) 433-8960, prompt 4 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the above number and email are solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email email@example.com to request assistance.