STATE OF OHIO
Program Administrator 3 - 20077320 (Healthcare)
Who We Are…
Guided by a single mission “To reduce recidivism among those we touch,” the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction believes that everyone is capable of positive change. Our staff embrace these core values and serves as role models for pro-social behavior conveying an attitude of dignity and respect in the treatment of others.
What We Do…
The Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction has been tasked with front line crime reduction through rehabilitative treatment and programming efforts provided in a safe, secure and humane correctional environment and effective community supervision. Our goal is to protect the public through helping individuals turn away from crime and become productive, contributing members of our communities, ensuring a safer Ohio for all Ohioans now and in the future.
To learn more about our agency, please visit our website at www.drc.ohio.gov
Are You Ready?
We are thrilled to see that you are interested in beginning your career with the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction! Without a doubt, this will be the most rewarding and meaningful work you'll ever find with a work family that is second to none!
Position Specific Minimum Qualification: Requires current licensure as a registered professional nurse in the State of Ohio as issued by Board of nursing per Section 4723.03 of Ohio Revised Code
The Job Opportunity and Duties…
• Organizes, plans, develops and implements a comprehensive medical, mental health and recovery services quality assurance evaluation and monitoring program within the institution(s) to assure services delivered meet applicable standards and/or court orders (e.g., monitoring and evaluation of healthcare clinical activities, risk management including a critical review of major occurrences, utilization review, peer review, credentials monitoring and clinical competence monitoring)
• Analyzes and evaluates the data generated and reports finding to institution staff and applicable Office of Correctional Health Care Administrators;
• Documents and/or reviews in the electronic health record documentation.
• Facilitates the planning and implementation of remedial action as indicated
• Formulates and implements program policies and procedures.
• Chairs the institutional medical, mental health and recovery services quality assurance committees.
• Assumes responsibility for the duties of the institution health care administrator and/or psych nurse supervisor during their absence.
• Investigates and responds to inquiries about healthcare concerns raised by inmates, and other interested parties.
• Plans, conducts, evaluates, and reports healthcare quality assurance surveys (e.g., inmate/patient satisfaction surveys, staff satisfaction surveys, needs assessments and issues specific surveys identified by any aspect of the medical, mental health and/or recovery services quality assurance process).
• Monitors healthcare services compliance with state and federal regulations, standards and court orders and reports findings to administrator and central office.
• Conducts staff training on quality assurance policies, procedures and issues.
• Attends conferences, trainings and meetings as directed.
Completion of undergraduate core program in business administration, management or public administration; 36 mos. trg. or 36 mos. exp. in supervisory, administrative &/or managerial position.
-Or completion of undergraduate core program for academic field of study commensurate with program area to be assigned per approved Position Description on File; 36 mos. trg. or 36 mos. exp. in supervisory, administrative, managerial &/or staff position involving planning, research &/or policy/procedure development.
-Or 5 yrs. trg. or 5 yrs. exp. in business administration, management or public administration.
-Or 1 yr. exp. as Program Administrator 2, 63123.
-Or equivalent of Minimum Class Qualifications For Employment noted above.