Plant Maintenance Technician - Rock Quarry (Manufacturing)
As a family-owned and operated company, Greenhill Materials is proud to have served the Tulsa Metropolitan Area for 20 years and continues to provide consistent, top-quality crushed limestone products for any job, any time. Whether a project is commercial or residential, Greenhill Materials has the ability and expertise to meet our customers' needs.
The role is responsible for all repairs to crushers, screens, conveyors, water pumps and pug mill at the Owasso, Oklahoma rock quarry. The incumbent will need to operate in a safe and efficient manner following all personal protective equipment (PPE) and process requirements. This role is classified as safety sensitive.
· Keep work site clean, orderly and safe
· Responsible for the maintenance of all crushing equipment
· Change wear liners in crushers as well as screen panels in all screens
· Replace conveyor belt idlers and belting
· Change oil in screens, feeders and gear boxes
· Help with greasing the plant
· Ability to operate a boom lift for elevated service work
· Assist with fueling of equipment
· May be required to perform other rock quarry duties as needed
INDIVIDUAL CONTRIBUTOR COMPETENCIES
· Work Standards
· Continuous Improvement
· Initiating Action
· Contributing to Team Success
· Managing Work (Time Management)
· High School or Degree or GED required
· Must be at least 18 years old
· 2-3 years of experience in plant maintenance preferred
· MSHA Miner Training preferred
CERTIFICATION/OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Mechanical knowledge of machines and tools
· Repairing and troubleshooting
· Equipment maintenance
· Control precision
· Manual dexterity
· Extent flexibility
· Finger dexterity
· Near vision
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· Ability to read effectively from a computer screen and/or a paper copy
· Ability to handle a large volume of work and perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to effectively verbally communicate
· Ability to stand, sit, stoop, bend, walk, climb ladders, reach, grasp, push/pull, twist and lift heavy objects (50 lbs.)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
· Work is performed in a variety of weather conditions with exposure to outdoor elements.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c) Operations