Career Mobile Equipment Operator (Maintenance)
Arcosa Aggregates Gulf Region is searching for a Career Mobile Equipment Operator for our Merryville, LA plant. In this role, you will support a positive safety culture by directing the activities and staff within a 24/7 aggregates environment that is regulated by MSHA safety standards. As a Mobile Equipment Operator, you will work in the production of sand and gravel.
Arcosa Aggregates is a leading producer and distributor of construction materials and services. We are unified in our commitment to building a better world through the foundations of roads, bridges, and buildings in our communities across the United States.
What you'll do:
• Comply with all industry safety rules, procedures and applicable government regulations
• Ability to operate at least 3 pieces of mobile equipment in a dredge operation (haul truck, farm tractor, water truck, rubber tire backhoe, front loader, etc.)
• May be involved in safety committees or initiatives
• Perform other duties as assigned
What you'll need:
• Prompt, regular and predictable attendance
• The ability to stand, stoop, bend, lift, walk, climb stairs, ladders and catwalks up to 60 feet as required and lift weights up
to 60 pounds.
• The ability to work in a varied outdoor environment (cold, hot, dry, dusty, rainy)
• High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
• Minimum of 3 years as a dredge operator
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c) Material & Distribution