Furniture Sewer (Manufacturing)
Sew both Fabric and Leather Cushions and Flat Work for furniture manufacturing.
Adhere to the established sewing standards including:
· ½ “ seams
· Stitches are straight
· Ensure there are no skipped stitches
· Ensure piece is sewn to specifications
· Ensure there are no holes or flaws in the Fabric / Leather
· Measure Welt for correct length using a ruler
· Other duties as assigned by Manager
Operate an Electric Sewing Machine to guide fabric or leather thru the needle hole.
· Must be able to read a ruler.
· Must be able to thread sewing machines.
· Must be Quality minded.
· Must be able to perform and meet established goals in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
· Strict attention to detail is a must.
· Must be a Team Player with a positive attitude.
· Must be able to work with minimum supervision.
· Must have your own reliable transportation.
· Must be able to sit for a minimum of 8 hours a day.
· Must be able to work Weekends and Overtime.
· Must be reliable.
· Must have strong English language skills, including:
· Minimum of (2) two years' experience sewing in a manufacturing environment.
· Must have experience reading and understanding production tickets and ability to interpret simple sewing instructions commonly placed in a sewing manual.
· Must adhere to all Safety rules and requirements and take adequate control measures to prevent injuries to yourself and others.
· Must be able to wear the following required PPE:
o Safety Glasses
Working conditions are the normal conditions found in a furniture plant, ventilated indoor area.
· Concrete floor
· Heated and Cooled working Environment
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
One location in Conover, NC.
· Typical schedule is Monday – Thursday from 6a – 4:30pm and Friday from 6a – 11pm.
· You must be able to work Overtime, and Weekends as needed.
· Short Term Disability
· Accident and Critical Illness Coverage
· Life Insurance
· YMCA Discount
· Company Discounts
· Referral Bonus
We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not make employment decisions, in regard to race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or protected veteran status.TB Arhaus