The Bag Handler loads bags of soiled linen onto rail/conveyor systems to provide sort/count work stations with bags for processing. Assists sort/count workstations as needed. Transfers soil linen slings/carts to washroom or clean linen slings/carts to Flatwork area. May clean empty carts, and performs other tasks as needed.
- Lift and load bags of soiled linen onto rail/conveyor systems.
- Transfer slings/bags/carts to other departments.
- Assist sort/count workstations as needed.
- Meet efficiency and safety standards for the position.
- Follow instructions as directed by supervision.
- Clean carts/bins as needed.
- Keep work area clean.
- Work in other production positions as needed.
- Recognize colors and sizes, count accurately.
- Meet physical requirements of job.
- Recognize colors, sizes and different product.
- Comprehend and follow direction.
Typical Physical Activity:
- Physical Demands consist of standing, walking, reaching overhead, pushing, pulling, grasping, constantly lifting up to 100 lbs., seeing, hearing and stooping.
- Physical Requirements consist of being able to meet the physical demands for the entire shift.
Typical Environmental Conditions:
- Production areas of a typical industrial laundry facility, which includes variations in temperature, odors, humidity, lint and dust. Soiled linens come from a variety of customers such as restaurants, hotels, medical facilities and shops.
- none. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)