Plant Maintenance Technician (Manufacturing)
The Sherwood Companies have a proven track record of completing a variety of projects from General Construction, to Construction Management and Design Build Projects for both public and private owners. A brief summary of the types of projects include, urban expressways, bridges, underground utilities, dam construction, asphalt/concrete paving and water/wastewater treatment plants.
Sherwood Companies, founded in 1934, has become a Midwest industry leader by having the ability to self-perform many types of civil construction projects, while having tremendous experience with all underground utilities. The Sherwood Companies live by the principles of safety, service, dependability, quality workmanship, honesty, integrity, and specialize in customer satisfaction and the development of long-term relationships.
The role is responsible for all repairs to crushers, screens, conveyors, water pumps and pug mill at the Owasso, Oklahoma rock quarry. The incumbent will need to operate in a safe and efficient manner following all personal protective equipment (PPE) and process requirements. This role is classified as safety sensitive.
· Keep work site clean, orderly and safe
· Responsible for the maintenance of all crushing equipment
· Change wear liners in crushers as well as screen panels in all screens
· Replace conveyor belt idlers and belting
· Change oil in screens, feeders and gear boxes
· Help with greasing the plant
· Ability to operate a boom lift for elevated service work
· Assist with fueling of equipment
· May be required to perform other rock quarry duties as needed
INDIVIDUAL CONTRIBUTOR COMPETENCIES
· Work Standards
· Continuous Improvement
· Initiating Action
· Contributing to Team Success
· Managing Work (Time Management)
· High School or Degree or GED required
· Must be at least 18 years old
· 2-3 years of experience in plant maintenance preferred
· MSHA Miner Training preferred
CERTIFICATION/OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Mechanical knowledge of machines and tools
· Repairing and troubleshooting
· Equipment maintenance
· Control precision
· Manual dexterity
· Extent flexibility
· Finger dexterity
· Near vision
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ability to read effectively from a computer screen and/or a paper copy
· Ability to handle a large volume of work and perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to effectively verbally communicate
· Ability to stand, sit, stoop, bend, walk, climb ladders, reach, grasp, push/pull, twist and lift heavy objects (50 lbs.)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Work is performed in a variety of weather conditions with exposure to outdoor elements.