Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope, Inc.
Full Stack Java Software Developer- Remote (Information Technology)
Who We Are
At OBE, together, we build excellence every day… We are driven by our passion to lead our industry and build a sustainable future, we focus on exceeding customer expectations and delivering innovative solutions. We succeed through the dedication of our empowered teams and partners who fuel our ambition to achieve excellence in the markets where we have a right to win.
We believe safety, integrity, performance culture, teamwork, customer centricity, and agility are at the core of who we are and how we operate each day to achieve success.
The Full Stack Java Software Developer role with us isn't just a job - it's a career opportunity with a great company. And we ask our professionals to be just that- professionals. We want to lean into your expertise to help us get better. We will give you what you need to be successful, and you will get to contribute, every single day. This is a remote role and can be based anywhere in the US.
This role is perfect for the individual who approaches their work in a professional manner and who loves a good challenge. If that sounds like you, come join this industry leader!
Here's What You'll Get to Do
· Work with Manager, User, and Business Analyst on gathering proper requirements and project specs.
· Develop Full Stack Applications to support business needs.
· Develop Complex SQL Queries to be used in Reports / Applications.
· Ensure the performance, security, and scalability of applications.
· Debug and resolve software defects and issues.
· Collaborate with other developers and team members to deliver high-quality software solutions.
· Stay updated on industry best practices and technologies to enhance the development process.
· Can Manage projects with Minimal Supervision.
· Can be a mentor to lower level Full Stack developers.
Here's What We're Looking For
· Software development experience with Java, J2EE, Python, Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate; REST Services and Advanced SQL.
· Experience with complex scalable, distributed systems, and high-volume transaction applications
· Experience with any of the modern UI frameworks like Angular, React or Vue
· Demonstrated technical expertise in Object Oriented and database technologies/concepts which resulted in deployment of enterprise quality solutions.
· Understanding of the software development Life cycle.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
· Organized and able to keep others organized with ability to prioritize effectively
· Must be able to communicate effectively and conduct yourself professionally, with excellent written and verbal communications
At OBE, we believe the work of our employees truly matters. From apartments in New York to office buildings in Toronto, stadiums in Dallas, and universities in Atlanta, our teams contribute to the projects that shape the world where we live, work, heal, and play.
OBE delivers products to a broad customer base of architects, glaziers, contractors, and developers serving diversified residential and commercial construction end-markets. With over 6,700 employees, we operate 82 manufacturing and distribution facilities in five countries.
If you want to help us build something great- we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager for consideration. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
OBE is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope is an E-Verify Employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c) Information Technology