Co-op, Software Engineering (Engineering)
The Software Engineer Co-op will assist in the development of user interfaces, regression tests, APIs, and/or firmware for high-performance embedded systems.
Detailed Description of Project:
Assist the VTI software team with multiple projects, including:
• Implement regression tests for iDDS
• Assist with adding iDDS support on additional existing products
• Migrate embedded application from Python 2 to 3
• Assist with updating existing firmware, driver, and test code to support new product variants
• Create documents & example programs to demonstrate key features for new and existing products
The exact project priorities will be determined after the intern is hired, depending on their skills & interests as well as the software team's current priorities.
Minimum Qualifications (Experience and Skills)
• 2+ years of Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar college program.
• Must be a US Citizen or Green card holder for ITAR compliance.
• Fast learner.
• Ability to follow directions.
• Good interpersonal skills, written and oral communication skills, and ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
• Good organizational skills
• Ability to multitask effectively and meet deadlines.
Pursuing a Bachelor's degree Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering
This job operates in a professional office. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 30 pounds.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class. .