Epiq eDiscovery Solutions, Inc.
Business Analyst (Legal)
It's fun to work at a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
This position involves representing the product owner on one or more Agile SCRUM teams. Key activities involve interacting with key stakeholders, creating functional and nonfunctional requirements, and establishing the project vision and scope.
· Be the liaison between the business unit teams and development/technology teams
· Responsible for developing functional requirements and related business rules based on customer's (internal and external) needs
· Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
· Work closely with key business partners and subject matter experts in the definition, testing, training, implementation, and support of functional requirements
· Identify requirements via industry standard analysis techniques such as data flow modeling, workflow analysis, and functional decomposition analysis. Solicit requirements through interviews, workshops, and/or existing systems documentation or procedures.
· Develops and analyzes functional and non-functional requirements for technology solutions with stakeholders according to Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and internal standards to ensure business needs are well understood, clearly defined, and properly aligned with overall project scope.
· Participate in daily stand-up meetings to facilitate the understanding, clarification, and implementation of requirements in an Agile development environment
· Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
· Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
· Serves as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow
· Develop functional requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language and user stories
Qualifications and Skills
· 3+ years' experience working in an Agile software development life cycle methodology
· Requires a four-year college degree (e.g., B.S., B.A., Computer Science, Business Information Systems preferred)
· Ability to understand software development framework, architecture concepts and terminology
· Desire to work closely with Technical/Engineering teams (No need for Programming/Coding but would be helpful to have this knowledge while interfacing with technical teams)
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills; excellent analytical and organizational skills; strong deductive reasoning
· Ability to multi-task and work separate projects in a fast paced & dynamic environment and extremely tight timelines
· Strong analytical and technical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
· Experience in using enterprise-wide requirements definition and management systems and methodologies required
· Ability to work independently or as part of a team
· Experience in Microsoft Visual Studio Team System and Team Foundation Server technologies
Client Focus- Engages with the clients, both internal and external, and their needs as a primary focus; builds a sustaining collaborative and productive relationship with clients; seeks to understand client situations, issues, expectations, etc.; takes appropriate action to meet client needs and address concerns; implements or utilizes methods to monitor and evaluate client feedback; appropriately meets client needs without jeopardizing business outcomes or results.
Results Oriented- Sets stretch goals for personal accomplishment and works tenaciously to achieve those goals; acts with a sense of urgency; takes the initiative on actions; establishes metrics to monitor progress and measure success; maintains focus by avoiding or overcoming roadblocks.
Integrity - Behaves in an honest, fair and ethical manner; shows consistency in words and actions; does what he/she commits to doing; respects the confidentiality of information or concerns shared by others; is honest and forthright with people; carries his/her fair share of the workload; takes responsibility for own mistakes.
Entrepreneurial Orientation - Proposes innovative business opportunities/ideas to customers and business partners; encourages and supports entrepreneurial behavior in others; demonstrates willingness to take calculated risks to achieve business goals.
Decisiveness - The ability to make well informed, effective, and timely decisions even when data is limited or solutions produce unpleasant consequences; perceives the impact and implications of decisions; ability to make tough decisions.#LI-KW1
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
It is Epiq's policy to comply with all applicable equal employment opportunity laws by making all employment decisions without unlawful regard or consideration of any individual's race, religion, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, transgender status, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, marital status, age, national origin, genetic information, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, veteran or family status or any other basis protected by applicable national, federal, state, provincial or local law. Epiq's policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on any of these impermissible bases, as well as any bases or grounds protected by applicable law in each jurisdiction. In addition Epiq will take affirmative action for minorities, women, covered veterans and individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Epiq is pleased to provide such assistance and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. Pursuant to relevant law, where applicable, Epiq will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.