City of Ann Arbor
DDA Planning 2 - Transportation and Capital Projects (R&D)
The Transportation and Capital Project Planning Intern reports to the Capital Projects Manager in the City of Ann Arbor Downtown Development Authority.
Starting Hourly Rate: $19.63
Nature of Work: The capital planning group at the DDA oversees all infrastructure planning and implementation defined in that document. The duties of this position include:
• Implementation activities related to the DDA Development Plan, the City's Capital Improvement Plan, and related Master Plan documents.
• Continued implementation of PeopleFriendly Street Projects, including research of policy related to Non-motorized transportation.
• Development of materials for public information and education as part of outreach and education.
• Data collection for capital projects, downtown infrastructure, and downtown benchmarks.
• Coordination with City Transportation, Systems Planning, Planning, Engineering, Public Works and local partner organizations.
• Project management and oversight of the annual State of Downtown Report
• Site plan review for alignment with the Downtown Street Design Manual; facilitation of the Downtown Street Design Team.
• All other tasks as assigned
• Undergraduate degree in planning or a related field.
• Strong writing skills.
• Significant project coordination with external stakeholders is also a fundamental part of this position.
• Excellent written communication skills.
• Master's Degree in planning or a related field or currently enrolled in a graduate level program.
• Working knowledge of specialty software including GIS, Excel, Adobe Suite, and desktop publishing.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Positions in this class typically require: seeing, reaching, lifting, grasping and repetitive motions.
Move and lift light objects less than 20 lbs. such as mail, files, and supplies. Operating office equipment requiring continuous or repetitive hand/arm movements. The ability to remain in a sitting position for extended periods of time.See job description