HR / Payroll Clerk (Project Management)
We are Alsco Uniforms. We've been working hard for our customers since 1889 when we invented the uniform and linen rental industry. Alsco Uniforms has grown into a worldwide leader serving over 350,000 customers in 13 countries. It's our job every day to make every aspect of the customer experience better. Whatever our customers need, Alsco Uniforms finds the answers that work for them.
Our employees are the heart and soul of Alsco Uniforms. As a result, we have a long history of strong financial performance, continuous improvement, and customer service. We're seeking driven professionals with ambition to grow within our company. We'd love to talk to you about how you can fit into our team of diverse individuals and how your hard work will be rewarded with competitive pay and benefits and ongoing career development.
Join our team and build your career with Alsco Uniforms!
The HR / Payroll Clerk is responsible to the Office Manager for daily processing of branch payroll functions and clerical HR tasks. Performs other duties as required.
Our full-time employees enjoy:
401K Plan with Company Match
Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA/HSA
Life Insurance, Disability Insurance
Vacation, Sick Time, Holidays
Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Learning & Development Opportunities
Inclusive and Diverse Team Environment
- Process New Hire Packets and set up new employees in payroll systems, set up benefits in a timely fashion, as well as terminate employees in the payroll software and other associated tasks.
- Execute daily payroll functions such as time and attendance sweeps, employee maintenance and weekly closing processes.
- Maintain, in a highly confidential manner, regular communication with management regarding payroll rates, status changes, garnishments, union issues, leaves of absences, and any other sensitive issues.
- Track vacation, leaves of absence, and bonus accruals. Process commissions, additional income or deductions.
- Maintain personnel files, Affirmative Action Plan record keeping, submit weekly reports, and answer requests from governmental agencies as needed.
- Verify new employee references, coordinate new hire orientation, participate in the branch Safety program.
- Perform other tasks as required.
- Perform some of the other general office functions.
- Proficient with MS Office, with an emphasis on Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, especially in telephone skills.
- Proven excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- Great organizational and multi-tasking skills; detail oriented.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of general payroll/HR procedures and be proficient in data entry.
- High school graduation or similar experience.
Typical Physical Activity:
- Physical Demands/Requirements consist of standing, walking, sitting, talking on the phone, occasionally lifting up to 25 lbs., stooping, typing, fine dexterity, hearing and speaking.
Typical Environmental Conditions:
- Indoor offices, meeting rooms of a typical industrial laundry, service center or depot.
Eligible candidates must be vaccinated against COVID.
For a general description of benefits that are being offered for this position, please visit https://alsco.com/benefits/.
Alsco is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c) Office & Administration