Machine Operator (Project Management)
This role is a skilled role responsible for setting up and running CNC equipment to machine or fabricate a variety of precision components to specifications by following drawings, work instructions and in-process inspection requirements.
• Operation of various CNC equipment such as CNC lathes, milling and drilling machines, etc. to machine or fabricate components for final assembly.
• Set up, adjust, and operate machine tools and many specialized or advanced variation tools to perform precision machining operations.
• Mount, align and secure work holding, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines.
• Load parts and cycle machine to ensure optimal efficiency and conformance.
• Read, understand and edit G code programming.
• Measure and inspect part features per drawing to ensure conformance and detect defects using precision instruments using basic gaging and inspection tools (i.e. Dial Calipers, Gage Pins, Micrometers).
• Recognize and understand nonconformance.
• Record information or data describing work performed or defects found.
• Complete assigned work within given timeframe efficiently and according to specifications and complete all documentation.
• Cooperate with other employees in the department to maintain a safe working environment.
• Follow all safety policies and procedures, including required PPE for the respective job being performed.
• Work overtime as required (mandatory at times) by the business.
• Performs other related tasks as assigned.
• Interpreting of part drawings and process instructions
• Work to tight tolerances
• Basic shop math calculations
• Follow instruction and direction
• Maintain established standards of quality, productivity & attendance.
• Able to work in a high-volume production environment.
• High School degree or GED Certificate
• Equivalent experience minimum 5 years on the job training.
• Machining / Manufacturing experience required
• Driven and self-motivated. Positive attitude, strong work ethic. Effective verbal and written communicator. Flexible/adaptable in a changing, progressive environment.
• Ability to take constructive feedback on opportunities / gaps in knowledge / skill set
• Displays good judgement – quality & safety. Ability to learn and apply new skills. Responsible for both the success of the individual and the team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class. .