University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics Authority
Senior Project Manager - Planning Design & Construction - Administrative Office Building (AOB) and University Hospital (Architecture)
Join the #1 hospital in Wisconsin!
We are seeking a Senior Project Manager – Planning, Design, and Construction to:
· Prepare conceptual plans required for project approval.
· Collaborate with customers, department managers and contractors to ensure remodelling/alteration projects are on time and on budget.
· Resolve conflects in contracts and negotiate changes when needed.
· Work on projects that range in size from $50,000 to $2,000,000,000.
Minimum: Bachelor's Degree. Four years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree, in addition to the below work experience minimum.
Preferred: Bachelor's Degree (Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, or Business); Advanced Degree – MBA, Masters of Architecture, Masters of Engineering.
Minimum: Eight years' experience.
Preferred: Five years of experience in related field. Five years of experience in Healthcare.
Licenses and Certifications:
Preferred: One or more of the following: AIA, PE, PMI, CHC, EDAC, ACHE, or related healthcare certification.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
· Demonstrated knowledge of Project Management, Construction Administration and Facility Planning best practices.
· Strong interpersonal and meeting facilitation skills.
· Strong negotiation and delegation skills.
· Ability to make judgments in demanding situations
· Ability to react to frequent changes in duties and volume of work
· Ability to manage multiple concurrent activities
· Significant understanding of business document production (i.e. spreadsheets, contracts, memos, etc.)
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to work in a team environment and to collaborate with a variety of professionals.
· Significant knowledge of quantitative analysis.
· Communicator who strives to create win-win solutions
Light: Ability to lift up to 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
UW Health is committed to being a diverse, equitable, inclusive and anti-racist workplace and is an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Our integrity shines through in patient care interactions and our daily work practices as we work to embrace the knowledge, unique perspectives and qualities each employee and faculty member brings to work each day. Applications from Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) individuals, women, and LGBTQ+ and non-binary identities are strongly encouraged. EOE, including disability/vets.
100% FTE, 40 hours per week. Scheduled shifts will be 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday. Hours may vary based on the operational needs of the department.
UW Health Administrative Facilities - UW Health has administrative locations throughout Madison and beyond where thousands of employees provide vital support to our clinical areas. These locations are home to departments such as Access Services, Compliance, Human Resources, Information Services, Patient Medical Records, Payroll and many others.