University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics Authority
Guest Services Ambassador (50% FTE, Part Time) - The American Center (5977) (Administrative)
Join the #1 hospital in Wisconsin!
We are seeking a Guest Services Ambassador to:
· Support the Main Information Desk, Gift Shop and/or Valet Servcies at The American Center.
· Greet patients, families and visitors and make efforts to create a welcoming environment for guests.
Minimum – High School Diploma or equivalent.
Minimum - One-year experience in a retail environment (for gift shop responsibilities).
Preferred - Previous driving experience (for Valet responsibilities); One-year professional experience in a healthcare setting.
Licenses and Certifications:
Minimum – Valid Driver's License (for Valet responsibilities).
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
· Must be 21 years of age to drive a UW Health Fleet vehicle, and must be 25 years of age to drive a UW Health vehicle rated for 15 or more passengers.
· Knowledge of basic to intermediate accounting and financial practices (gift shop).
· Excellent customer service abilities. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, department administrative staff, interdepartmental contacts and the general public.
· Ability to communitcate effectively both verbally and in writing.
· Resourceful in problem solving.
· Ability to be organized and flexible in response to changing demands.
· Ability to handle a high volume of work under pressure.
· Ability to make appropriate and timely decisions.
· Ability to maintain information confidential in nature.
· Ability to self-direct to accomplish the coordination and decision-making responsibilities of the position with minimal supervision.
· Typing/keyboarding skills.
· Ability to use and recognize medical terminology.
· Thorough knowledge of traffic regulations (for Valet responsibilities).
· Thorough knowledge of safety precautions to be followed while operating a motor vehicle (for Valet responsibilities).
Light: Ability to lift up to 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
50% FTE, 20 hours per week. Scheduled shifts are 8:00 am - 5:30 pm on Saturday and Sunday. Hours may vary based on the needs of the department.
UW Health at The American Center – on Madison's east side – is UW Health's newest hospital and one of the most advanced hospitals and wellness centers in the country. Here, health care is seen as a holistic endeavor where our mission is to not only diagnose and treat you when you're sick, but also to partner with you in health and wellness.
UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.