Prudential Ins Co of America
Customer Service Associate (remote) (Administrative)
The Office of Servicemembers' Group Life Insurance (OSGLI) administers the Servicemembers' Group Life Insurance program (SGLI). SGLI offers life insurance products to active duty service members, Veterans, and their families. Prudential has been aiding our service members since 1965.
Prudential is interviewing for the Office of Servicemembers' Group Life Insurance (OSGLI) Customer Service Center, which handles all correspondence and phone calls to and from service members, veterans and their families. This position is accountable for explaining benefit coverage, documenting, and investigating complaints.
Prudential has been ranked by G.I. Jobs Magazine as a “Top 100 Military Friendly Employer” and we encourage veterans to apply.
Essential Job Functions:
• Provide information to policy holders, parents, spouses, and beneficiaries
• Receive, evaluate and answer customer inquiries which are predominately routine but may require deviation from standard screens, scripts and procedures
• Use computerized system for tracking, information gathering, providing information, referrals, routine transactions and/or troubleshooting
• Answer product, account, policy and service inquiries, resolve problems, and promote products and services by responding verbally and/or in writing
• Assess needs and suggest/promote alternative products or services
• Handle most calls and transactions independently, escalate calls properly when appropriate
Practical assimilation of Prudential's Leadership Competencies
Under limited supervision and within established guidelines provides information to
• College degree or 2 years of customer service experience preferred
• Strong people skills with an ability to think like the customer
• A passion for delivering top quality service
• Proven record of dependability, punctual and reliable attendance is critical to the success of a fast moving, inbound service center
• Ability to learn and retain a significant amount of technical information in a relatively short period of time
• Receptivity to detailed performance feedback
• Proficiency with a keyboard and window-based applications, including Internet
• Proven self motivation skills
• Active listening skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to excel in a team environment, as well as work well independently
• Excellent organization and prioritization skills
• Ability to work from home when needed. Upon the successful completion of training and meeting all operational metrics, an alternate work schedule is possible allowing work from home. Associates are expected to have the technology and resources available at home to be able to perform all the functions of their job when the business requires them to work from home.
Any applicant selected for this position will be required to submit to a background screening, including a criminal and credit check, conducted by the Department of Veterans Affairs as a condition of employment in the Office of Servicemembers' Group Life Insurance. An applicant's refusal or failure to comply with this requirement will cause the applicant to become ineligible for this position. In addition, an applicant's failure to pass the Department of Veterans Affairs background screen may result in disciplinary action up to and including the termination of employment.
Training will typically fall between the hours of 9am - 5pm Eastern Time, Monday - Friday; however, the OSGLI Customer Service Center is open from 8am to 5pm Eastern Time, Monday - Friday. To be considered, candidates must have the flexibility to be able to work either of the two shifts (7:50am – 3:50pm or 9am - 5:00pm Eastern Time) within those hours. Actual shift assignments will not be determined prior to hire. Over-time may be mandatory during peak times.
The OSGLI department is located at Prudential's office in Roseland, NJ.