Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope Inc
Engineered Products Department Manager - Newnan, GA (Manufacturing)
Job ID: 265281
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
The Engineered Products Department Manager role in our Newnan location isn't just a job - it's a career opportunity with a great company.
We ask our Managers to be just that- Managers. We want to lean into your expertise to help us get better. We will give you what you need to manage your employees and your business, and you will get to lead, every single day.
This role is perfect for the individual who approaches their work in a professional manner and who loves to manage a dynamic team. If that sounds like you, come join this industry leader!
Responsible for the overall management of the Project Management department and the Engineering department. Profit and loss accountability for the Engineered Products division of the business facilitated through recruitment and retention, driving productivity and quality, striving towards world class customer service, while adhering to existing company management principles.
▪ Manage weekly forecast updates with detailed analysis of changes
▪ Manage the coordination of workflow and processes within project management and engineering
▪ Manage the project management team in terms of project budgets, project schedules, customer service, and personnel performance/development
▪ Manage the engineering team in terms of productivity, quality, service, and personnel performance/development
▪ Continually review existing processes to align with current market demands
▪ Establish/monitor and report on department key performance indicators
▪ Collaborate with Human Resources, Estimating, and Plant Management to ensure financial goals, production goals, and personnel performance/development goals are met while maintaining necessary level of service
▪ Manage the approval of change orders, purchase orders, etc.
▪ Coordinate with project management team on technical issues that surpass their knowledge level, including but not limited to: technical correspondence, shop drawing review, engineering review, manufacturing guidelines, project site visits, etc.
▪ A bachelor's degree from an accredited university in construction or engineering related program is preferred
▪ Five (5) years related experience in a medium to large manufacturing facility
▪ Three (3) years project management experience in the curtainwall industry
▪ Must have an understanding of the glazing industry and products, including both design and application; knowledge of Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope's® products is preferred
▪ Must be capable of reading architectural drawings, structural drawings, and project specifications
▪ Must have excellent skills in the following areas: documentation, organization, communication, leadership, attention to detail, and problem-solving
▪ Must be able to multi-task and manage workload with minimal supervision
▪ Must have the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, schedule-driven environment, while being flexible to changing circumstances
▪ Must have advanced proficiency Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project, and Microsoft Word
▪ Must be comfortable interacting and collaborating with all levels of office and plant employees on an on-going basis.
▪ Must have the ability to manage in a fair, professional, and friendly manner
▪ Must have the ability to write technical letters on application of products to mitigate potential issues
▪ Must have field installation knowledge
▪ Must have regular and predictable attendance, safely perform tasks, and adhere to all safety policies and procedures that are essential functions of this job
What CRH Americas Offers You
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.