Electrical Engineer PM – Field Support (Construction)
Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no further…we are seeking individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable, and ready to work in a fast-paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
Nabors is a leading provider of advanced technology for the energy industry. With operations in about 20 countries, Nabors has established a global network of people, technology and equipment to deploy solutions that deliver safe, efficient and responsible hydrocarbon production. By leveraging its core competencies, particularly in drilling, engineering, automation, data science and manufacturing, Nabors aims to innovate the future of energy and enable the transition to a lower carbon world.
Canrig Drilling Technology provides equipment, tools, services, and software products to global customer base, improving the safety and efficiency and environmental footprint of operations. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding.
The Electrical Engineer – Field Support is responsible for directing, organizing, and controlling project activities, under the direction of the Service and Rentals Management Team and the project charter.
The Electrical Engineer – Field Support position will support the development, field deployment and commission of power and control systems for rig drilling and energy transition equipment. The candidate will perform a variety of electrical engineering tasks including specifying, installing, testing, and overseeing the development of the power and control systems for new and existing products while assisting in supporting and maintaining existing drilling and energy transition products.
• The successful candidate will support the Engineering Department design electrical systems for drilling rig equipment for both new and existing energy transition products.
• Develop and review one-line diagrams for low and medium voltage power systems.
• Prepare and review electrical schematics for the rig and energy transition equipment control systems.
• Select and evaluate electrical products for use in the drilling equipment and energy transition products.
• The Electrical Engineer coordinates with other disciplines to ensure a complete integrated design meeting the project requirements.
• Support the Engineering Department create bill of materials and assembly drawings for use by the Canrig Manufacturing Department.
• Manage yearly road map of projects for the service and rentals department and ensure alignment with corporate goals.
• Work closely with Service & Rentals directors to effectively execute Service and Rentals roadmap
• Develop project, program, and portfolio reports and metrics
• Manage project team
• Work with appropriate resources and functions to develop concise project scope and requirements
• Develop and maintain documentation including project schedules, meeting minutes, and project files
• Develop and track project cost, project resource requirements and project timelines
• Provide leadership, training, direction, and relationship building surrounding project management processes for Service and Rentals Team
• Communicate project status to Service and Rentals Management Team, and stakeholders
• Refine, improve, and implement Canrig's Service and Rentals processes for Service & Rentals
• Present quarterly corporate project status update to executive committee
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent engineering degree
• 1 to 3 years of experience in an engineering field
• Knowledge of PMI standards and processes (PMBOK)
Experience with MS Office suite and project management tools required, including but not limited to MS Project and MS Visio
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Valid Driver License
• Valid passport
• 1 - 3 years in the delivery of development electrical projects
• Experience with project management processes and best practices
• Experience in projects with medium voltage power systems a plus
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
• BS in Electrical Engineering Degree, or equivalent experience
• Knowledge of PMI standards and processes (PMBOK)
• Ambitious self-starter with strong team building skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively resolve disputes and handle crisis with objectivity
• Excellent verbal/written communication and public speaking/presentation skills
• Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with others
• Builds mutual trust and encourages respect and cooperation among team members
• Strong interpersonal communication skills with emphasis on the flexibility to effectively build consensus and manage conflicting priorities
• Ability to take initiative
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to manage effectively manage priorities
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops alternative solutions, works well in a problem solving situation, uses reason when dealing with emotional topics.
• Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
• Oral communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informative; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedbacks; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interest; able to build moral and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
• Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision making process; makes timely decisions.
• Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence;
• Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Provide technical support to other departments
• Provide engineering analysis, draft designs, plan, review and inspection on projects
• Ensure that designs meet required regulatory codes
• Conduct preliminary engineering studies
• Perform design prototyping, including field implementation & testing
• Prepares and reviews electrical product documentation
• Correct Visual Part Maintenance & BOM issues