Great Lakes Cheese
2nd Shift Grinder (Finance)
The General Laborer is responsible for wrapping, boxing, palletizing of 40 lb and 640 lb blocks. In addition, the Laborer will wash, sanitize and assemble 640 hoops and clean the equipment not done by CIP.
• Wrap, box and weigh 40 lb and 640 lb blocks of cheese in cardboard or plastic container.
• Ensure accurate labels and weights of product.
• Keep accurate production records.
• Ensure package integrity.
• Gather supplies as required.
• Attach bags to block former.
• Observe equipment and cheese as it goes through production lines.
• Report problems to the supervisor.
• Clean & sanitize all equipment as required.
• All GLC employees are expected to perform any assignment or job task according to the stated safety policies and procedures.
• All GLC employees are expected to produce our products in a manner that exceeds the quality and value expectation of our customers and consumers by adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices, Policies and Procedures outlined in our Safe Quality Food Program.
• Other responsibilities as assigned by the manager.
Required Education and Experience
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Basic understanding of manufacturing processes and related equipment.
• Ability to make minor decisions based on standard practices.
• Ability to read and prepare production reports and comprehend production worksheets.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
• Ability to communicate with line personnel regarding information contained therein, and regarding quality and safety issues.
Preferred Education and Experience
• MES experience.
• SAP experience.
• Basic computer skills.
• Ability to constantly stand/walk; bend/flex/extend neck; frequently grip/reach/lift/pull with L/R hands.
• Ability to frequently handle material from floor-to-waist, waist-to-shoulder and pushing/pulling/carrying.
• Product weight: up to 50 lbs.
• Repetitive work in a fast-paced production environment with average temperature of 50-60 degrees F.
EEOC & Disclaimer
Great Lakes Cheese is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer