Electrical Technician (Maintenance)
Arcosa Lightweight is searching for a Industrial Electrician for our Livingston, AL plant. In this role you will support a positive safety culture by directing the activities and staff within a 24/7 aggregate environment that is regulated by MSHA safety standards. As an Industrial Electrician, you will be responsible for the maintenance, installation, troubleshooting, and modification of new and existing industrial converting equipment while working on the maintenance team.
Arcosa Materials is a leading producer and distributor in the Western and Southwestern U.S. of lightweight and natural aggregates, including expanded shale and clay, crushed stone, sand and gravel, asphalt rock, and other products.
What You'll Do:
• Comply with all industry safety rules, procedures and applicable government regulations
• Electrical wiring, electrical power-up, troubleshooting, and verification of machine settings and functions.
• Complete the mechanical testing and preventative maintenance of electro-mechanical equipment.
• Document, recommend, and execute maintenance procedures.
• Adhere to and perform duties in accordance with MSHA and NEC regulations and guidelines
• Be a key member of safety team to implement electrical safety program. (LOTO)
• 480 V AC 3 phase motors and motor controls
• AC/DC single phase motors and controllers including servo drive systems.
• Equipment communications protocols.
• Electrical power distribution systems.
• Install and repair electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment.
• Follow electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications and use hand tools, power tools, and electrical and electronic test equipment
• Implement preventative electrical maintenance program. (thermography, pm's, etc)
• Follow all safety rules and practices
• Be involved in safety committees or initiatives
• Additional responsibilities and opportunities as they become necessary and/or are assigned by management.
• Other duties as assigned
What You'll Need:
• Prompt, regular and predictable attendance
• The ability to stand, stoop, bend, lift, walk, climb stairs, ladders and catwalks up to 60 feet as required.
• The ability to work in varied outdoor environments (cold, hot, dry, dusty, rainy)
• High school diploma or GED equivalent
• Minimum of 4 years of electrical experience